Shire Supply Planning Lead in Dublin, Ireland
Location: Dublin or USA
Supply Chain representative in the Operations Unit Leaderhip Team (PLT/BOLT) and key Supply Chain counterpart for the OpU Head and Functional OpU Leads.
Leader of an overarching Supply Chain communication and alignment process acting as umbrella function for all local supply chain departments: planning, purchasing, warehouse, logistics, master data, MCM for the OpU.
Directly responsible for supply chain planning team (master planners, production planners, analysts, planner buyers and process owners) and in some cases for warehouse team for all plants and CMos of the OpU.
Responsible to oversee all supply chain processes providing leadership and directions to maximize service levels, inventory turns and efficiency.
Actively support LRCP and lead monthly operations Sales & Operations (S&OP) processes.
OpU operative mechanisms and objectives– 25%
• Oversign service levels, critical materials availability (including plasma for fractionation plants; Working Cell Banks and Mab gel…) and inventory goals
• Participate in OpU LT and similar OpU wide management meetings
• Participate in Supply Chain Planning LT and similar Supply Chain wide management meetings
• Support weekly schedule adherence (WSA/SNAP) meeting
• Works with OpU head and OpU functions heads in support of business objectives.
• Interact closely with S&OP directors
• Responsible for the management of supply chain programs and projects related to supply planning activities (processes, tools & organization)
• Responsible and accountable for local/global planning and warehouse (in some cases only) cost centers
Planning processes - 30%
• Oversight global supply planning process for OpU in alignment with facilities (Resource plan, Rough-cut capacity plan, capacity requirement plan, and capacity control) and company goals relative to sales and inventory management
• Lead the monthly OpU S&OP process
• Support Long Range Capacity Planning processes and Network Optimization
• Actively participate in the OpU and Supply Chain Budget and Forecasts preparation processes
• Provide leadership across multiple sites, critical directions and supports in the planning and preparation at multiple plant sites for the commercial launch and supply of products
Material Management – 10%
• Oversignt the planner/buyers team for raw material issues management and to establish general material planning policies
Team Management & Leadership – 25%
• Supervise activities of Global Master Planners and Supply Planning teams related to product supply (Production plan, Master production Schedule, Material Requirements Plan, Production Activity Control and Purchasing)
• Provide strategic, tactical and functional expertise on supply chain activities
• Recruit, develop, motivate, coach, manage and retain highly skilled professionals necessary to ensure appropriate talent and resources are available and positioned to deliver high-quality customer service and supplier support to meet Shire's continued requirements for growth
• Provide direction and active support for escalated issues within supply chain area
• Develop people managers who foster a culture of accountability, engagement and innovation
Continuous Improvement – 10%
• Review and analyze supply chain KPIs in order to identify corrective and preventive actions
• Lead, support and promote projects and continuous improvement initiatives
• Proactively resolve issues and develop innovative solutions
Education & Experience
• Supply chain, business administration or other relevant education
• Must have a proven track record of progressively increased responsibility in all aspects of inventory and supply chain management
• More than 10 years of experience in Supply Chain Management with a well rounded exposure to all areas of the field, including but not limited to: production planning, distribution, master scheduling, warehousing and inventory control
• Incumbent must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to interact well with all levels of staff, including senior management, strong leadership, and emotional intelligence skills, Must be able to initiate change and problem-solve independently while working as part of a strong management team
• Must have passion to innovate and drive for solutions, must display personal accountability for results and integrity, must have the following personal attributes: integrity and trust, work ethic, sound judgment, intellectual honesty, pragmatism, courage and conviction
• Project management skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills and in particular Excel and powerpoint, Word, Visio
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Fluent in English
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.