Shire Commercial Insights & Analytics BU Lead in Lexington, Massachusetts
Leads and manages the team that provides business insights and operations (BIO) capabilities for the US Internal Medicine and Oncology Franchise. This includes forecasting, primary market research (HCP and patient), sales force analytics and sales force effectiveness (SFE) strategy across the multiple brands and multiple therapeutic areas with a focus in Rare disease. Brings independent thinking to the franchise leadership team - supports and challenges where appropriate to inform strategy and help the franchise meet its business objectives. Direct people management responsibility of leaders and individual contributors.
• Line management of BIO organization (managing performance, developing people, and modeling Shire leadership behaviors). Manages US talent through building organizational capabilities to execute short-term and long-term objectives. Creates an engaging culture that recognizes performance and ethical behavior and also builds a culture of accountability for conducting business with integrity and within legal guidelines.
• As part of the US franchise leadership team, develop and ensure the execution of the long-term franchise strategy, objectives, and culture to meet the needs of the business. Ensures impartiality and brings independent thinking to the team to help meet the business needs
• Accountable for the development of key reporting and analytics critical to business success and partnering with the other Franchise leads and their respective teams to help them identify risks and drive for the right results. Insights from this team will also be critical for salesforce expansion, the development incentive compensation plans, dashboard creation, and other patient/customer initiatives.
• Partners with GPS to deliver US components of global market research projects and forecasting deliverables. Delivers specific US primary market research needs and bottoms up forecasting. (15%)
• Accountable for creation, delivery and execution of patient finding analytics and deployment recommendations. Ensure best practices are learned from and fed back to GPS team.
• Accountable for the overall franchise strategy for SFE and ensure all systems, process and resources are effective for franchise field teams to drive results. (15%)
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry in an appropriate discipline such as sales, analytics, and/or marketing
• 3+ years in an analytics or analytics team management role
• Previous Oncology/biologics experience.
• Ability to think and lead strategically.
• Skilled in understanding market and financial trends and customer requirements.
• Experience managing people leaders and individual contributors.
• Strength in teamwork and managing across functions in a matrix environment.
• Sales analytics experience
• Primary market research experience
• Previous orphan drug experience
• Previous product launch experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.