Shire Patient Support Manager in Lexington, Massachusetts
Patient Support Manager
• Works closely with patient/family to case manage all steps required to gain access to therapy.
• Acts as the liaison with medical offices
• Work with Specialty Pharmacy and insurance companies to obtain reimbursement information
• Perform benefit investigations with insurance companies as required.
• Counsel patient/family on reimbursement options
• Manage patient transition to Shire products. Work with nurses to provide injection/infusion training to
• Responsible for maintaining case history for all assigned patients in the CRM system
• Trouble shoot and resolve ongoing reimbursement issues (step edits, insurance changes, PA’s, etc)
• Partner with Field Regional Business Managers and Patient Access Mangers to manage all patient
cases within their assigned territories
• Professionally field incoming telephone calls while making a positive impression
• Answer patient and medical office inquiries and resolve customer problems
• Provide ongoing persistency and compliance support by making regular calls to patient/families
• Manage patient assistance requests and work with partners to process applications
• Provide back-up coverage for other Case Managers
• Attend patient meetings and represent Shire at industry conferences
• Travel to sales meetings and medical offices as necessary
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.