Shire Senior Product Manager - Haematology Brand in Paddington, United Kingdom
To develop, implement and be accountable for short, medium and long-term strategic marketing and operational plans for the Haematology products through insightful marketing practices. To optimise profit, revenue and market share opportunities in the short, medium and long term.
• Recommend 1-5 year strategic options for the portfolio of products through the planning process.
• Develop the short to medium term strategic marketing/operational plans outlining key activities and marketing programmes to address the SI’s and implement approved strategies within agreed budgets for multiple products
• Anticipate changes taking place in the market and ensure plans/strategies respond to changing customer needs accordingly
• Implement specific programmes and activities in accordance with the operational plan.
• Builds relationships with key opinion Leaders and continually assesses selection criteria and return on investment.
• Monitor the product’s perceived functional performance and adjust plans accordingly.
• Communicate effectively within the cross functional team to ensure the motivation and alignment of sales force and stakeholders in the achievement of brand and business unit objectives.
• Be the recognised 'product champion' and the central point of contact for all marketing related activities across the portfolio of products – including cross-functional collaboration with medical, marketing and patient access.
• Anticipate current & future trends in disease management and market environment which are likely to affect the performance and potential of the product including Competitor activity
• Work with European and Global Marketing teams to ensure appropriate communication, alignment and extensive utilisation of available resources and expertise
• Produce sales/production forecasts and monitor progress.
• Monitor and take corrective action for major deviations on plans, strategies, budget management and efficient use of resources.
• Leads segmentation of market and effectively implements strategic positioning proposals
• Develops strategies to maximise profit drivers by identifying pricing and product mix opportunities and implementing tactics to support.
• Manage implementation of all Marketing materials (Digital and hard formats) required by sales team. Manage in line with compliance requirements.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required (Business or Life-science)
• Masters degree preferred (Business Marketing - Ideally a Post Graduate Marketing Qualification
• 2 to 5 years in Product Management (minimum of 2 separate and specialist therapy areas) and or Sales
• Digital Marketing experience in Pharma/Life Science and advantage
• Excellent communication/influencing skills.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Embracing Change
• Energy and Drive
• Accountability and Ownership
• Delivering Excellence
• Decision Making
• Business Acumen
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.