Shire Key Account Manager, Orange County, CA in Remote, California
Key Account Manager, Immunology Institutional Sales,
Orange County, CA
The KAM will be responsible for sales and account management activities including securing access and generating demand for the Immunoglobulin portfolio primarily with account access decision makers and HCPs treating patients with Primary Immune Deficiency (Allergy/Immunology, Hem/Onc, Pulmonary), increasing awareness and diagnosis of PI, new account development and/or expanding existing accounts in the hospital, integrated delivery networks and non-reporting SPPs. Analyze and interpret data for effective targeting and pull thru strategies, identify and develop KOLs, collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders and sales teams, and this requires the ability to manage in a sophisticated business model influencing a diverse set of stakeholders in multiple sites of care. Shares job expertise and provides guidance to other sales reps. Account Management competencies include but are not limited to:
Portfolio Selling- KAM is responsible to multiple products and potentially across business units within Shire. Primary Focus is on Immunolgy- Gammagard, Albumin, Cuvitru, and HYQVIA.
Business Acumen- Strong negotiating and contracting capabilities and deep understanding of implications of the changing health care landscape to the needs of accounts
Value-based Selling- Delivering a value proposition beyond product and price, including FDAMA 114 messaging
Matrix Management- Coordination of multiple stakeholders including Sales, Clinical Educators, Reimbursement Managers and Managed Markets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Strong preference for professionals with either previous Account Management experience or Immunology Sales experience
• Strong preference for professionals with prior Sales and Contracting experience
• Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills. Position requires ability to analyze and interpret data for effective sales strategies. Travel is required and may involve visits to remote or urban areas either individually or with other personnel. Must have good organization and time management skills. Ability to understand and adapt to customers' changing needs. Demonstrates business acumen and strong knowledge of sales processes.
• New product launch success
• Working knowledge of accounts in a territory and relationships with HCP
• Results Driven – a track record of results and compliance throughout the career.
• Works well in a team and an independent learner.
• Demonstrated an ability to handle change successfully.
• Demonstrated EQ.
• Mastery of the selling process.
Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of demonstrated successful relevant healthcare sales experience in managing and being accountable for own territory. Ideal candidate possesses experience in specialty sales (injectibles or infusions) or account management including working with payor and/or reimbursement situations, and managing a large geography with diverse customer types.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.