Shire Senior MSL Immunology-Southeast (Florida) in Remote, Florida
Medical Science Liaison Immunology- Southest (FL, AL,MS)
Shire is seeking a dedicated Medical Science Liaison to join its Medical Affairs team. MSLs will have the opportunity to work with a product that is used in immunodeficiency, neuropathy and additional label expansion studies. Successful candidates will master clinical information on IVIG and other pipeline agents, and be a resource to healthcare professionals (HCP) based in their territory. They will provide healthcare professionals with scientific education on the use of Shire related products.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with health care professionals:
• Scientific exchange with local thought leaders and community-based practicing healthcare professionals.
• Builds relationships with key HCP and Scientists.
• Participate and manage various Advisory Boards.
• Participates and represents Shire at various scientific/cooperative group meetings.
• Participates in the identification and completion of clinical trials:
• Responds to requests from physicians interested in investigator sponsored trials.
• Works with investigators and/or Shire study coordinators to maximize enrollment in Shire-sponsored clinical trials.
• Participates in the education of healthcare professionals and Baxalta employees:
• Participates in the provision of medical information at scientific meetings at medical affairs booths.
• Participates in the training of healthcare professionals in the use of Shire products.
• Serves as a resource in the education of sales, marketing and other internal functions.
• Participates in the identification and publication of scientific materials:
• Monitors and reviews literature resources regarding competitors’ products and updates department on relevant new literature.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products across our core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine, Hereditary Angioedema, and Oncology
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.