Shire Regional Business Manager (Minnesota / North Dakota) in Remote, Minnesota
The Regional Business Manager will have direct responsibility representing Shire products to medical professionals (Gastroenterologists, Surgeons, internists, nurses, pharmacists and other professionals outlined by the Company) who specialize in the treatment of Short Bowel Syndrome. The RBM’s will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, competency and to operate in a compliant manner at all times while achieving their respective objectives.
• Clearly understand and implement the marketing plan, accurately articulate the value proposition of the brand, and utilize on-label and CMLR-approved marketing materials only in order to attain sales/patient objectives for assigned products on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
• Communicate all disease, product, and formulary information in a manner that is truthful and non-misleading, consistent with Shire compliance policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Individual must use discretion and judgment when executing the brand strategy within the assigned customer population, which may include physicians within specialty medical practices and their staff, specialists within local hospitals and clinics, and pharmacists within a specific geographic area.
• RBM must be able to analyze local and regional business/managed markets trends in order to build both long and short terms goals that lead to a successful business plan.
• Work in a complex environment encompassing compliant coordination with Care Coordinators, Patient Access, Specialty Pharmacies, Corporate Communications and Medical Affairs.
• Create productive business partnerships with internal customers in order to create compliant plans for selling approaches that align with the company and territory business plans.
• Seek clarification from management and/or Compliance & Legal when uncertain whether a proposed activity could violate the law.
• Meet regularly with targeted HCP’s and staff within assigned geography to understand their needs and discuss whether Shire and Shire products could meet their identified needs.
• Utilize a consultative selling approach. This will be a highly technical, solution-oriented selling model enabling the representative to meet the needs of healthcare professionals
• Focus efforts on achieving greatest positive patient impact.
• Meet key thought leaders in the assigned therapeutic disease state to learn how Shire can support optimal patient outcomes
• Manage a territory marketing and promotional speaker program budget in a manner that complies with all Shire compliance policies.
• Share best practices and actively participate in Regional/National meetings
• Utilize CRM system to document account profiles, pre and post call activities.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in life science, business, or healthcare preferred
• Minimum of 5 + years of pharmaceutical sales experience
• Preferred experience includes:
• specialty injectable sales
• selling a product that is distributed through a specialty pharmacy
• Experience selling a product that requires extensive coordination with patient access services
• orphan drug and highly specialized medical sales experience
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex technical data and to develop strategic and actionable business plans
• Must have valid driver’s license issued in US with clean driving record
• Must live in territory
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.