Shire Strategic Operations Lead in Toronto, Canada
Working with the General Manager, Canada and the Leadership Team the incumbent is a unique blend of strategic and operational responsibilities. The role will play an important part in the continued evolution of the Canadian commercial business, and will be a significant player in the development of the One Shire business, including the integration of new acquisitions. On the strategic side the role will interface with the corporate functions to support the development of long range plans and help assess business development and partnership opportunities. On the operational side the role will work cross functionally to ensure the strategic and operational plans are delivered, and LOC initiatives / projects are effectively implemented.
• Work closely with the General Manager, Canada and the leadership team to drive projects and initiatives which create growth and capitalize on market dynamics / differences
• Play a lead role in the interface with corporate functions to develop strategic and long range plans supporting the assessment of market and industry trends, data gathering & analysis and preparation of plans.
• Help to make operational the strategic plan within International Commercial and manage the delivery of initiatives in collaboration with other business leaders throughout the region.
• Assess value creation potential of business development & pipeline opportunities and prepare business cases.
• Assess market and industry dynamics ensuring that the leadership team is kept up to date with trends and potential risks / opportunities.
• Design and develop presentations for the General Manager, Canada for various meetings.
• Work collaboratively across the LOC to ensure that initiatives, projects and best practice thinking are maximized.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor Degree
• MBA is an asset
7-10years management experience
• Demonstrable experience within a commercial organization and within a complex operating model
• Track record of strategic and operational planning in a high growth environment
• Innovative strategic thinker with exceptional process and project management skills
• Commercially astute, proactive and self-starter
• Very strong interpersonal skills
• Accustomed to managing a diverse and rapidly changing workload, delivering projects across several teams, timelines and within a matrix structure
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, French a plus.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Experience in, or strong exposure to, the healthcare industry
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.