Shire Warehouse Driver in Van Nuys, California
Monitor scheduled activities by shift with respect to orders, door assignments, dispatch of drayman, and contract carriers supporting production and various other departments on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist transportation function by directing carrier drivers on empty trailer dropping and load pick-up processes.
• Operate tractor-trailer combination.
• Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment.
• Hook/unhook trailers from a tractor.
• Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck.
• Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including but not limited to: pallets, straps and rope.
• Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
• Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures.
• Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch as required, including but not limited to: delays, arrivals and equipment problems.
• Demonstrate internal and external customer service.
• May be required to perform job duties of a warehouse coordinator when operationally necessary.
• Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
• Complete bill of lading, packing list, seal assignment, and bar code assignments for each order.
• Assists material handlers and supervisors in locating discrepancies and product misplacement.
• Complies with SOPs, GMPs, safety rules and regulations, and departmental procedures Receives and fills orders and performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
• Fills and prepares inventory for transportation through material handlers and monitors progress throughout shift to assure efficient completion of duties.
• Performs physical counts, cycle counts, and periodic inventory verification.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills.
• Proficient in warehouse management systems and pc environments.
• Must be able to operate forklift and other material handling equipment.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• Exposure to warehousing and manufacturing areas at +5C including storage freezer at –20C and exposure to human blood plasma.
• Must possess a class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and hazardous materials endorsement.
• Must possess one (1) year experience within most recent three (3) years.
• Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
• Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements.
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.).
• Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Education and/or experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required, AA preferred.
• 1-3 years of warehouse and/or technical office experience.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
• In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
• Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
• No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
• Will work in a cold, wet environment.
• Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
• Must be able to work overtime as required. (only for non-exempt positions).
• May be required to work in a confined area.
• Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.