Shire Competitive Intelligence Lead in Zug, Switzerland
Lead the competitive landscape analysis and be the trusted partner with the franchise in anticipating key competitive landscape events (competitor actions, regulatory and legal events, and scientific developments) that are threats and opportunities for the franchise by providing strategic analysis that informs leadership and enables better informed decisions.
Strategic Competitive Landscape Analysis
• Lead the development of objective commercial viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial, clinical, and scientific competitive information.
• Synthesizes and analyzes competitive information to deliver insights that impact strategy and key decisions. Make recommendations on strategy that prepare the company for the competitive marketplace. Anticipates catalyst events and their potential impact on Shire.
• Partners with franchise leadership to develop key intelligence topics (KITs) that address strategic questions and issues on the competitive landscape for the franchise.
• Recommends a plan to address the KITs with timings, resources, and costs.
• Leads and coordinates competitive simulations and workshops as needed.
• Lead competitive threat assessments to develop rigorous team assumptions about key competitors.
• Contracts and manages competitive intelligence research projects with approved vendors to deliver against internal client needs.
• Provide situational analysis support for quarterly business reviews, brand planning, launch readiness reviews, etc.
• Work on innovative programs to increase the value of competitive intelligence processes and practice, and analyze the success of these programs.
• Follow both the Corporate Ethics & Compliance Standards and Competitive Intelligence Policy in coordination with Legal Compliance and Ethics personnel to ensure legal and ethical approaches to competitive intelligence at all times while protecting business interests and confidentiality.
Partnership and collaboration
• Leads Rapid Response Team for key competitive catalyst events.
• Ensures that up-to-date competitive intelligence and assumptions are shared with all appropriate teams (includes congresses, news flashes, pipeline updates, and therapeutic area landscape reviews)
• Collaborate with marketing to plan for competitor launches by co-planning local strategy competitive simulations and supporting rigorous competitive readiness plans.
• Coordinates with Medical Affairs, R&D, Global Marketing and commercial teams to plan, cover, and report on scientific conferences. Provides insights and analysis after such key events.Member of the cross-functional best practice sub team Competitive Intelligence.
• Partners with other GPS cross-franchise functions (Digital, New Products, Launch Excellence)
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• Science degree or background strongly preferred
• Minimum of five years in competitive intelligence and competitive industry analysis.
• Healthcare, Pharma and Consumer Experience strongly preferred
• SCIP membership preferred, Competitive Intelligence training or certification preferred
• Strong experience with scientific literature, regulatory websites and processes, and key databases (e.g. Biomed Tracker or Citeline, Evaluate, Capital IQ, etc.)
• Strong Communication, Demonstrated Collaboration, Business Acumen Strength required
• Experience in a matrix business environment also a plus
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.