Sandia National Laboratories Accounting/Cost Analyst, Mission Services (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Sandia Mission Services Talent Acquisition Team (MSTAT) is hosting this job requisition for Accounting/Cost Analyst positions at the Lab. This team is active in identifying candidates with relevant academic and work experience in an effort to meet our staffing needs and objectives for either current or near-term positions.
Selected applicants will be interviewed by a subcommittee of managers and staff. Subsequently, successful applicants will be provided to hiring managers for placement in positions across the Laboratory.
Candidates are expected to team with others to support Sandia's mission by adding value, improving operations, offering innovative solutions and appropriately managing risk for the corporation.
Please submit the following with your completed application:
- Updated resume
- A letter of introduction addressing career goals and areas of primary technical interest/focus
The Accounting-Cost Analyst is responsible for allocating costs, collecting data, and preparing reports to maintain Sandia National Laboratories cost accounting system.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Ensure that costs are allocated according to established procedures.
- Gather historical cost data on such activities as material purchases, labor, equipment depreciation, repairs, assembly, and operating expenses.
- Investigate cost structures for new and existing areas of Sandia.
- Price new services or products by developing unit costs and projecting expenses.
- Prepare reports that compare budgets with actual expenses.
- Prepare existing or projected profitability analyses.
- Recommend, design, or develop revisions to the accounting system.
- Designs, modifies, installs, queries, and maintains automated accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent:
higher degree (MS, PhD) in relevant discipline; or
- experience and/or achievements that demonstartate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE L-level security clearance.
- Strong education, knowledge, and experience in business management functions.
- Knowledge and experience in project administration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willing to take initiative, take ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and decision analysis skills.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.