Robert Half Help Desk Analyst III in Alexandria, Virginia
Description Responsibilities: We are looking to fill a full-time Information Systems Specialist III (ISS III). Under limited supervision and a high level of judgment required, this advanced technical services position is responsible for the management and troubleshooting of all classrooms' audiovisual and computing equipment, staff and faculty enterprise applications, including research and proactive maintenance at the assigned college/s. The position will perform complex technical support and administrative functions across the complete range of technologies supported by MCCS Information Technology Services, requiring a vast knowledge of multiple user and server hardware, software, and Software as a Service (SaaS) environments. This position is also responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining campus specific software and services. The position is required to keep up to date on current computer technology in order to make informed recommendations regarding policy development and improvements and assist in the development of information technology plans for the college, working collaboratively with college employees, the Helpdesk Manager, and MCCS Chief Information Officer.
Minimum Qualifications: The required minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in information technology or similar field and three years of relevant work experience. A combination of experience and training may be considered in lieu of formal education on a year-for-year basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include, but not limited to, the following:
• Knowledge of complex design, image creation, implementation, upgrades, management, and troubleshooting of computers and labs on all YCCC campuses, as well as project management concerning computer/lab replacement cycles.
• Ability to coordinate and or perform installations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of desktop and laptop computers, requiring analysis and resolution.
• Ability to keep up to date on current computer technology in order to make informed recommendations regarding policy improvements and future needs in the computer labs, in working with faculty, and shared services staff.
• Ability to plan and assist students and faculty in the labs by demonstrating proper use of the equipment and use of hardware and software.
• Skilled in providing support in the research, development, and maintenance of desktop documentation (how labs are configured).
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Requirements Hardware Troubleshooting, Audio Visual, Enterprise Applications, Technical Support, SaaS Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.