Daybreak Venture Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) - Full-Time in Arlington, Texas
The overall purpose of the assistant director of nursing is to serve as director of nursing in the absence of the director, and to provide assistance to the director in the performance of assigned functions and responsibilities. The position may also be utilized to train qualified candidates for the director position.
The specific responsibilities of this position are described in the Essential Functions.
- A current, valid state registration/certification as a registered or licensed nurse is required.
- Experience in nursing in a long-term care setting is preferred.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
- Functional literacy in English is required.
- Supervisory experience is desirable. Ensuring the We Care Program is implemented and enforced in facility.:
The following represents the essential functions of this job to be used to determine if an individual with a physical of mental impairment can perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. The other functions listed may be required of all other staff in the position.
All essential functions should be reviewed with the Supervisor every six month and new goals established if results are not meeting expectations.
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and the Employer. The Employer retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper
- At the direction of the director of nursing, assists in directing and coordinating the provision of nursing care to residents consistent with standard nursing practices
- Participates in and contributes to the performance of duties/tasks assigned to the director of nursing
- Assists in assuring the provision of treatments, medications, and nursing services according to care plans and physicians instructions
- Contributes to the orientation and professional development of the nursing staff.
- May act for the director of nursing as assigned in directing the activities of the nursing staff.
- May coordinate nursing team meetings
- May participate in assessment and evaluation of nursing services and nursing staff.
- Assists with nursing service quality assessment and assurance functions and activities.
- Performs other duties/tasks as assigned by the director of nursing
- Coordinates services with interdisciplinary team
- Other duties as assigned by director of nursing
- If applicable to your position or tasks
- Maintain compliance with Daybreak’s Compliance program and plan.
- Adhere to the Daybreak Code of Conduct
These duties are not all-inclusive but provide minimum performance expectations and will be reviewed in the performance process. Dimensions and Scope:
Functions with considerable latitude within constraints established by the director of nursing, administrator, and facility policies and procedures.
- Is assigned responsibility/authority for decisions regarding nursing care and related duties, but may consult with the director of nursing, administrator, nurse consultants, or other resources.
- Professional contacts are primarily with other medical professionals, residents, families, and facility staff.