LifePoint Health Certified Surgical Tech in Athens, Tennessee
Our Athens campus is currently seeking talent to fill the position of surgical tech.This job is permanent,part time.
- Competitive Pay
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) for full-time employees
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Training
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
Core competencies include, but are not limited to the following:
Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment and supplies. Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments.
Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
Passes instruments to physician during surgery. Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and supplies during surgery.
Receives and processes specimens for delivery to the laboratory.
Individuals must meet one (1) of the qualifications listed below:
(1) Hold current national certification established by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting(NBSTSA); or(2)Have completed a program for surgical technology accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP); or(3)Have completed an appropriate training program for surgical technologists in the Armed Forces or at a CAAHEP-accredited hospital or CAAHEP-accredited ambulatory surgical treatment center program. For the purposes of this chapter, "armed forces" means the army, navy, air force, marine corps, coast guard, or public health service of the United States; or(4) Successfully complete the surgical technologists NBSTSA certifying exam
[Tennessee, United States] Certified Surgical Technologist
The below certification will be required within 6 months of hire:
X Surgical Technologist Certification
The below certifications will be required at the time of hire:
X Basic Life Support (BLS)
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Starr Surgery Center of Athens
Title: Certified Surgical Tech
Requisition ID: 7412-5524