PRIDE Industries Production Supervisor $1000 Sign on bonus! in Auburn, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Production Supervisor
Job Code: 945 - PR-Production Supvr
HR Title Group: Distribution and Production
Salary Grade: N16
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2019
There are direct reports with this position.
Under broad supervision, the Production Supervisor oversees production staff at a PRIDE Industries facility. Employees in this job class schedule, train, and monitor staff performance. This job class requires knowledge of production scheduling and processes, stock and inventory control, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to organize and manage multiple projects, and work with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges.
*Oversees product production for PRIDE Industries customers. Prioritizes jobs, schedules, sets up work, and trains employees, directs workflow, and monitors progress of projects through to completion.
*Generates and processes customer invoices and shipping paperwork. Enters data into Macola system.
*Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the performance of employees.
*Provides customer service and assists in solving production problems. Routes issues to appropriate PRIDE personnel or external client when needed.
*Schedules and prioritizes tasks, and ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
*Cross-trains employees in all functions to ensure daily back up and coverage of departmental functions.
*Conducts and participates in departmental and other meetings on a regular basis;
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
• Three years of production experience; including at least one year in a supervisory role;
• Knowledge and training in Food Safety (HACCP) and Food Protection programs, National Organic Program (NOP), California Health and Safety Code, Division 104, Part 5 - Sherman Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law: 2008, and FDA’s Quality System Regulations, preferred;
• Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
• Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, push carts, digital scales, skinpack and shrink-wrap production packaging equipment;
• Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
• Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and rules;
• Effective oral and written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational, common sense and problem solving skills;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and customers;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary and spelling;
• Fundamental mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve operational problems;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering in and around equipment
• Bending and stooping
• Pushing carts up to 50 pounds
• Using pallet jack
• Lifting boxes or equipment up to 25 pounds
Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with forklifts and production equipment. Employees may be exposed to noise from equipment in a manufacturing environment and may be exposed to elevated temperatures, high heat, occasional fumes, toxic chemicals, and airborne particles.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com .PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2021-13201
Type Full Time Regular
Referral Bonus Eligible? Yes