American Red Cross Quality Control Lab Technologist (3rd shift hours M-F, rotating weekends) in Baltimore, Maryland
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Blood Processing Technologist for the American Red Cross!
Schedule: Third shift hours are 10pm - 6:30am, Monday thru Friday and alternating weekends with days off scheduled during the week following the weekend. Flexibility required for training, weekends, overtime, flex schedule and/or holidays based on department needs.
Pay Rate: $23.60 per hour plus shift differential of $1.75 per hour from 10pm-midnight and $2.25 per hour from midnight to 6am.
Blood Processing Technologists perform basic through advanced manufacturing, processing and test procedures on blood products. Blood Processing Technologists also interpret test results before releasing blood to area hospitals. All tasks are performed in highly regulated environment. Successful Blood Processing Technologists will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
Blood Processing Technologist - Responsibilities
• Perform and interpret various testing procedures on blood products for patients' use at area hospitals
• Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies
• Maintain, edit and review computer and manual records to assure accurate record keeping
• Perform the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products. Ensure products are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately
• Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you process meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused.
• Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals
• Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there
• Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
• Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Processing Technologist position describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
• Technologist I - Associates degree in science, Medical Laboratory Technician (certified through American Society of Clinical Pathology); or Associate's degree in science plus three years' experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Technologist II - Bachelor's degree in science, MT (ASCP) degree or equivalent certifications plus satisfactory performance as a Laboratory Technologist I, or Bachelor's degree in science plus three years experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment required. Must meet State and CLIA requirements. At this level, you may perform certain supervisory functions and serve as a project lead.
• Physical requirements may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights