Shire Sr. Business Finance Analyst in Berlin, Germany
This position is responsible for:
• Providing strategic financial input to the Germany Franchises to drive business performance and ensure appropriate return on investment.
• Focusing on adding value for the business (and region) by influencing decisions and identifying opportunities to invest, optimising resource usage, avoiding / mitigating risks, forecasting future business results, establishing and interpreting leading indicators.
• Identifying and explaining material budget vs actual variances.
• Assessing the impact of variances on the financial forecast.
• Preparing a summary financial package for review with the Franchise Heads, FP&A and Finance Lead.
• Preparing the annual budget, and long range strategic planning for the assigned German franchises and functions.
• Assist in the consolidation / preparation of the annual budget, and long range strategic planning for the DACH Cluster.
• Acting as the finance point of contact for the Franchise Heads. Working together with other Finance Business Partners to collect, consolidate and verify input and clearly communicate back to the FP&A Lead and commercial leaders.
• As part of the broader DACH team, identify growth and business opportunities and drive for strategic focus of resources to areas / countries of growth
• Interacting with the European and other finance teams to coordinate DACH requirements
• Providing backup for the AT / CH teams as determined by the FP&A lead
• Project management as assigned
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.