Honeywell Sr Estimator in Birmingham, Alabama
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
HBS currently has an exciting opportunity for an Sr. Estimator who will be responsible for generating budgetary and firm cost estimates for Projects and/or Service Maintenance Agreements. This position can be located anywhere at any Honeywell office in the United States. The candidate will work as a team player in assigned geography, generating cost estimates. They will act as a resource in support of the sale to address the customer’s technical and application requirements to ultimately provide an accurate cost of the solution. This position will partner with Sales, Solution Advisors and Solution Design Engineers, vendors, customers, consulting engineers, contractors and delivery and support personnel to deliver estimates in a timely manner that are scoped and cost engineered correctly. All estimates will be expected to be within accordance of HBS business objectives and strategies and ultimately deliver customer satisfaction.
• Assist Sales in securing business by developing and driving accurate, timely, minimally compliant, and professional estimate packages
• Establish early engagement with Sales team to understand enquiry / RFQ properly to design and estimate suitable solution
• Develop accurate, timely, and minimally compliant estimate packages which include scope, material, subcontractor proposal, and labor effort by skilled discipline
• Support Sales professionals, Solution Advisors, Bid Managers and customers during the technical requirements definition and solution development sales process steps; ensure that the engineered solution meets job requirements by monitoring and controlling designed scope against the project specifications
• After the technical solution is completed by the Solution Advisor team, develop cost effective estimates and identify explicit proposal inclusions / exclusions to be prepared within required time lines
• Develop a detailed Bill of Materials; perform BOM risk analysis as needed
• Obtain vendor quotes for all material and sub-contracted work; work with the procurement organization and local Sales team to solicit bids from sub-contractors; assist in finding potential strategic partners to reduce costs and increase efficiencies
• Provides recommendations of alternative solutions to technical SMEs when proposed solution is cost prohibitive.
• Assist during TRR, CPQ & Proposal estimate reviews
• Work on alternate solutions for the enquiry, as needed; review and submit revised estimates based on approved change requests
• Participate in official handover by consolidating all documentation in a timely and accurate manner as per the document management standard.
• Ensure 100% compliance to set processes & achieve zero non-compliance in all internal & external audits
• Compare the sales information to delivered information and provide guidance on factors to be used for competitive estimating of future jobs
• Develop and maintain budget estimating matrix and recommend unit estimating guidelines for both sales and delivery teams (what is ‘both sales’?)
• Utilize feedback mechanisms to continually update standards to maintain competitive position and reduction of deviation
• Work with SMEs to develop cost (labor, material) standards for products and services
• Develop and maintain hours per point (install and maintenance) information for Honeywell labor
• Look for opportunities to improve as-is process to increase efficiency, simplicity and margin.
• Maintain product knowledge and technical skills to current standards and portfolio
You Must Have:
• 7 years professional building controls experience – in a role of Estimator, Project Manager, or Technician
• Technical degree plus 7 years business experience or BS/BA degree and 5 years business experience
• Six Sigma training, Green Belt Certification
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and foster relationships between various internal customers
• Experience working on projects that have global impact and dealing with multi-cultural aspects
• Strong numerical aptitude
• Demonstrated proficiency with CPQ, SalesForce, PlanSwift, BlueBeam, and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to translate technical solutions into detailed cost elements
• Demonstrated ability to meet and improve delivered financial results from implemented estimates (how do we do this, since this is post sale and up to the delivery team?)
• Strong understanding of the Engineering, Delivery and Support organization and key processes
• Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal customers.
• Something about improving cycle time, analytics, booked gross margin?
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.