BT Digital Product Owner in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
We are looking to Digitally Transform the Corporate and Public Sector business within BT Enterprise, growing Digital Product Team significantly. This is an opportunity to join something exciting and new, at the start of the journey, with an overall objective of Digital Expereince Transformation to create a new Platform Business.
We’re looking for a number of talented Digital Product owners with a drive and passion for digital to join our team and become a key part of our digital transformation. In this job, you’ll manage a squad(s) of cross functional colleagues focused on improving a KPI(s), product, process, or journey(s). The exact digital products in the scope of any of our roles will evolve over time.
We will assign you to run squad(s) based upon a combination of your background, your development needs, interest and the business need. Example squad(s) we operate today are CPS lead generation for BT & EE, Mobile Manager trading, Digital Self Service (helping to service our existing customers).
You’ll drive improvements to digital products to deliver benefits for customers and the business.
What you'll be doing
• Prioritise the activities for the squad(s) based upon achieving validated learning as quickly as possible and maximising customer value.
• Define user stories for all new product deliveries and manage the priority of the backlog
• Communicate clearly, nurturing partnerships with stakeholders and collaborate with them to achieve the product vision
• Inspire, coach, and guide a squad to ensure the delivery of outcomes to support the customer and business
• Customer focused by interrogating customer insight and data to identify key customer needs whilst supporting business priorities
• Use the product vision and strategy to define and evolve objectives and key results for your squad
• Put your input into your squad strategy and prioritise a backlog to support this with a positive value to effort ratio
• Utilise the squad's skills to collaboratively discover and iterate solutions that are valuable, usable, feasible and viable
• Measure and clearly communicate your product’s performance and demonstrate how this contributes to the digital and business objectives
Who you are
• Understands agile methodologies and has led squads before
• Data driven, working towards delivery of product KPIs, and ability to draw insight from the numbers and translate to business requirements
• Affective stakeholder management skills
• Able to work with peers, scrum teams and business stakeholders to maximise value created by squad.
• Understands and applies lean principles of rapid build / measure / learn cycles.
• Become an Ambassador for Digital
• ‘Enable people to do brilliant things’ - Empower people around you
• ‘Reflect and learn – constantly. And have a growth mindset’ - Build, measure, learn
• ‘Communicate and share, share and share more’ - complete transparency
• ‘Informed decision making over gut instinct’ - Data and insight driving decisions
• ‘Create energy and set the direction’ - Positivity, ambition and Leadership
What we can offer you
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• 10% on target bonus
• Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
• Pension scheme
• Shares Plan
• Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
• Discounted BT products
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT (https://www.bt.com/careers)
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Title: Digital Product Owner
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-West Midlands-Birmingham
Requisition ID: 168605
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Antrim-Belfast