Physician Affiliate Group of NY Lead Physician Assistant - Cardiology in Brooklyn, New York
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island.NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County maintains close relationships with NYC Health + Hospitals’ diagnostic, post-acute, and long-term care centers. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
· Perform Physical examination and obtain Medical history; computerized ordering of Laboratory tests, ECG’s., Chest- X-rays, etc… in the Cardiac Subspecialty Clinics under attending physician supervision.
· Evaluate and interpret patient medications, Laboratory and test results
· Learning and developing the ability to coordinate and facilitate referrals and follow-up for Cardiac procedures (i.e. Cardiac Catheterization, Electrophysiology Studies, Cardiac device, Cardiothoracic Surgery).
· Learn to coordinate and facilitate Performance Improvement projects and methods
· Learn to perform Cardiac procedures, (i.e. Stress Tests, Stress Echocardiography and Tilt Table Testing), in the non-invasive Cardiovascular laboratory
· Assist in coordinating and facilitating patient flow in the Cardiovascular Fellows’ Clinic and daily clinics
· Perform inpatient cardiovascular consults under the attending physician supervision
· Serve as a day to day contributor for Heart Failure Program which includes performing and coordinating Performance improvement projects, maintaining the registry
· Serve as a liaison for VNS for the Heart Failure Program including maintaining a database and meeting with VNS
· Coordinate and facilitate referrals and return follow up for the following cardiac procedures for outpatients: cardiac catheterization, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology studies, and cardiac device placement.
· Coordinate events to promote awareness cardiovascular disease, heart failure, and cardiac screening for staff and the community
· Develop, organize, and maintain databases for referrals to BHC for non-invasive and CT surgery monthly
· Develop, organize and maintain database for cardiac device patients monthly.
· Serve as the liaison for Community Provider Project, place orders for community providers for noninvasive laboratory
· General supervision of the technical and/or ancillary staff which will include work assignments, scheduling and supervision.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The qualified candidate for this position will be expected to provide direct patient care, as well as coordinate clinical care in the outpatient Cardiovascular Medicine Sub-specialty clinics and the Cardiac Non-invasive procedure lab. Under the supervision of the Medical Director for the Heart Health Center, supervises the mid-level providers, ensuring a seamless flow of work to meet the patient care demands.
Training for this position will be coordinated with the Director of Cardiovascular Medicine. The following job description outlines many of the responsibilities which the candidate will learn and be expected to perform in this position.
- Physician Assistant
NYS Professional License
ACLS and BLC Certification
External Company Name: Physician Affiliate Group of New York
External Company URL: http://pagny.org/
Street: 451 Clarkson Avenue