AdventHealth EMT - ED - Days in Burleson, Texas
EMT – Emergency Department Texas Health Huguley Burleson, Texas
Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
Full time Days
12-hour shifts, 36 hours a week
When you work your 12-hour shifts in between the times below, you will add these differentials to your base rate:
7a-3p = base rate, no diffs
3p-11p add $.75
11p-7a add $.75
Weekends add another $.40 to all shifts and rates
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Assists with patient care as directed by the professional staff to facilitate on-going quality care. Maintains and demonstrates competency in performing all required patient care skills.
· Performs EKG's on patients as directed and makes sure the EKG is seen by the ordering physician and/or charge nurse.
· Collects lab specimens, blood, urine, feces, etc. as ordered. Ensures that specimens are properly labeled in patient room after checking two identifiers (name and birth date) and sent to lab or placed in designated area for POC lab staff.
· Performs other procedures such as foley catheter insertion, IV insertion after competency demonstrated, applying cardiac monitor, apply dressings, irrigating ears, assisting with pelvic exams and any other procedure where competency has been demonstrated and at the direction of professional staff.
What You Will Need:
· Nursing student with one semester completed, EMT, Paramedic, or medical experience in lieu of education.
· Six (6) months experience in a medical environment required.
The Patient Care Assistant, under the supervision of licensed nurses, will perform a variety of specific patient care activities and non-professional services necessary to meet all needs of the patient and consistent with goals, philosophy and policy and procedures of the Emergency Room and hospital administration. To assist in patient care and relieve nursing personnel of clerical duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.