Shire Gammagard/Portfolio Marketing Lead in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The individual in this position will serve as the U.S. healthcare professional (HCP) lead for GAMMAGARD, the top revenue Ig in the Shire Ig product portfolio. This person will lead the development and execution of the GAMMAGARD brand strategy, working closely with the institutional marketing team, and a cross-functional team. Also, this individual will collaborate closely
with the other Ig brand leads in a growing portfolio of brands (HYQVIA, CUVITRU). This individual also leads the HCP efforts on cross product promotions as the Ig Portfolio HCP lead. In this capacity, the individual helps guide both individual brand efforts to ensure each brand is optimized and stays out of conflict with other brands and develops the strategy for instances where multiple products are marketed together. The individual is also responsible for working closely with the patient services team to ensure our cross brand patient services are aligned to core brand strategies and help to improve the patient experience. These include MyIgCopay Card program, HelloCUVITRU/HYQVIA free trial program and
other hub reimbursement services. Patient services team is responsible for the execution of the programs and the marketing lead is responsible for reporting, metric tracking, and promotion to HCPs.
As the GAMMAGARD brand and Portfolio lead, this role will require core brand leadership including brand development, strategy, and execution of initiatives with a patient centered approach. This will require having an in depth understanding of the PI patient journey, market research insights from physicians/nurses, as well as the ability to develop and execute innovative programs that effectively position GAMMAGARD and the broader portfolio of Ig products. This position is critical in continuing to drive the momentum for GAMMAGARD and Shire’s Ig Portfolio in the U.S. In addition, the HCP IG Portfolio/GAMMAGARD lead will:
● Develop and implement marketing strategies and programs that optimize both
GAMMAGARD LIQUID and GAMMAGARD S/D Low IgA
● Lead annual strategic brand planning for GAMMAGARD
● Lead market research efforts associated with GAMMAGARD and Ig Portfolio e.g. ATU
● Utilize analytics to understand impact of GAMMAGARD and optimize strategies, messages and programs
● Work with supply chain to manage GAMMAGARD inventory to meet demand needs
● Work with Institutional Marketing Team to ensure the two sites of care areas are aligned and complementary in driving GAMMAGARD growth
● Lead all GAMMAGARD and Portfolio related training and material roll-out with customer facing teams
● Identify customer insights and unmet needs to drive innovative program development, both personal and non-personal, to drive new patient starts
● Responsible for the conceptualization, creation (both individually and through agency partners), market rollout and tracking of marketing initiatives
● Effectively manage outside consultants and agency partners
● Oversee promotional review with CMLR and inventory management
● Work across the marketing team to develop and implement Ig Portfolio Guidelines
● Maintain and evolve existing marketing initiatives to improve efficiency and optimize impact
● Responsible for accurate budget management of projects/initiatives and regular reevaluation of budget progress including monthly and quarterly projections
● Prepare presentations and/or present to senior leadership on new and existing initiatives
● Actively collaborate with other marketing (account, consumer, nurse, and market access
teams), sales representatives, sales leadership and training to optimize HCP Portfolio and
Bachelor degree required with 5-8+ years marketing experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry with a demonstrated record of success. MBA preferred.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present concepts and
ideas in a clear, succinct and organized manner
● Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional teams including holding individuals accountable and ensuring the delivery of high quality and timely results
● Strong track record of development and execution of marketing materials and programs.
● Ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams including legal/regulatory/medical promotional review teams, Training, US and Global Immunology Marketing and cross- functional counter-parts
● Strong agency management
● Ability to conduct market research and understand and apply key insights to advance strategy and tactical programming
● Strong quantitative skills. Demonstrated ability to work with finance, analytics, supply chain and operations to develop forecasting models
● Demonstrated emotional intelligence
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.