Microsoft Corporation Sr. Business Program Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
• Accountable for Resource Strategy formulation, Resource planning, and Capacity management.
• Work with LOB leaders to collect staffing supply requirements based on workload demand in respective LOBs to ensure short and long term business objectives are met.
• Develop Resource Strategy that blends both SBU and CSS level principles to achieve business outcomes and the best customer experience
• Own and deliver an end to end multi-year resource plan for key SBU’s
• Demonstrate, maintain, and broaden domain expertise as both an LOB subject matter expert (SME) and across the broad CSS resourcing strategy.
• Drive consistent streamlining and efficient planning processes
• Influence the development of models and methodologies to solve capacity estimation requirements, translate the same into Planning platform solution design
• Provide Capacity related insights to the business stakeholders and drive initiatives towards building and maintaining a skilled workforce
• Partner with Global Talent Acquisition to prioritize, streamline, and ensure support for staffing activities.
• 6+ years of Business Leadership Experience; self-motivated, confident working at a Senior Level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or experience commensurate with job expectations.
• Relevant progressive work experience applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision-making and outcomes
• Extensive experience driving business process improvements or in program management related to Resource Management
• Demonstrated experience in/understanding of how technical needs of delivery organizations translate to skills needed, and of Blueprint and Resourcing Models/Requirements of Delivery organizations.
• Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
• Ability to manage ambiguity in an evolving and dynamic environment and the ability to challenge stakeholder requirements and drive good trade off decisions
• Preferred knowledge of Anaplan platform (or similar tools) including models and plan development/management
• Up to 25% travel, both domestically and internationally
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.