The Hartford Executive Underwriter - Wholesale Transportation, Navigators, A Brand of The Hartford in Chicago, Illinois
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Do you have a passion for identifying transportation risks? Are you a solution oriented and driven to help others? This is your opportunity to give those passions and talents new purpose by applying them to meaningful work at The Hartford. The Executive Underwriter is primarily responsible for underwriting business through appointed wholesale brokers with a broad focus across many industries.
· Growing and managing a profitable portfolio of new and renewal business accounts.
· Developing and maintaining existing broker relationships and provide excellent service and meet time requirements on all quotes, policies, and endorsements; professionally demanding in a way that fosters deep relationships.
· Marketing responsibilities throughout parts of the country as assigned and as applicable.
· Analyzes accounts for potential action at renewal and expertly communicates with Brokers for win/win solutions
· Expertly applying all applicable underwriting guidelines when making account decisions demonstrated with quality and compliance scores.
· Creating, driving and executing on strategies for new and/or renewal accounts (prospective book management, executes on guidance for pricing and retention).
· Successfully selling the proposal and influencing the retention of accounts to meet the retention objectives set forth.
· Acting as a trusted advisor to their Brokers; responds in a timely manner to build relationships and influence retention.
· Managing accounts on a book of business basis with brokers and assigned accounts to balance retention and rate.
· Establishing and maintaining a pipeline and holds brokers accountable for retention and submissions.
· Consulting with the brokers to answer questions regarding coverage, explaining processes, directing the agents to appropriate resources within the Hartford based on their unique needs.
· Providing a win/win solution for our Brokers.
The ideal Executive Underwriter will possess the following qualifications:
• 5+ years of Commercial Underwriting required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Industry experience.
• Experience with rating fundamentals; experience in the Wholesale Broker marketplace is a plus.
• Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong phone presence and ability to influence.
• Must be self-motivated, organized, and able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Ability to source and drive new business.
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
• CPCU or other related designations are a plus.
• Some travel required.
• The ideal candidate would meet or exceed the qualifications listed above for our Executive or Senior Underwriting position; the level of the selected candidate will determined upon through analysis of their skills and qualifications.
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance with additional opportunities for annual or more frequent incentive payments. Our incentive plans recognize employee contributions, results achieved and behaviors demonstrated. We reinforce performance through differentiated compensation and rewards. In accordance with Colorado EPEWA, the salary range for this role is $83,000 - $130,000.
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They’re our greatest asset. That’s why we’re committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Executive Underwriter - UC07DE
Human achievement is at the heart of what we do.
We believe that with the right encouragement and support, people are capable of achieving amazing things.
We put our belief into action by ensuring individuals and businesses are well protected, and by going even further – making an impact in ways that go beyond an insurance policy.
Nearly 19,000 employees use their unique talents in careers that span a variety of disciplines – from developing the latest technology to creating and promoting our products to evaluating future financial risks.
We’re also committed to programs that drive education and support volunteerism, which put human beings first. We do it because it’s the right thing to do, and because when our customers, communities and employees succeed, we all do.