Honeywell Senior Casting Supplier Development Engineer in Clearwater, Florida
The future is what you make it.
Are you ready to make a difference, work on most impactful projects influencing our business and be at heart of revolution to create a world class supply chain? In Supplier Performance Engineering we’re finding innovative, collaborative ways to improve delivery and quality of our suppliers creating vital link between our supply chain, internal factories, and our customers.
Come be a part of team of future shapers that:
• Proactively reviews supplier capabilities, assess operational gaps to identify risks and takes systematic actions to develop a world class supplier.
• Assesses supplier rate readiness for growth and collaborates with suppliers to take necessary actions
• Is globally responsible for all supplier development and quality improvement and sustainment.
• Systematically drives Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations to prevent defects.
• Works directly with sourcing, business, engineering, and our customers on strategies to improve product quality and delivery.
• Identifies and leads the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
• Are leaders creating a performance culture with our suppliers through coaching and technical engagement.
The position requires manufacturing experience and works directly with suppliers daily. Influencing / working closely with the planning, sourcing, engineering, and product teams will be critical. The successful candidate should be able to effectively communicate with senior management, have a big picture strategic mindset, handle multiple priorities, influence, and solve complex problems.
• Conduct supplier assessments and work with them to develop rate readiness plans to sustain product growth and using lean methodologies.
• Leverage engineering to enable flexibility for the supplier and supply chain through producibility drawing changes and alternate material qualifications where necessary.
• Support the manufacturing of complex parts and sub-assemblies by providing technical expertise and support for suppliers.
• Review manufacturing processes to ensure they will yield parts compliant to engineering drawings and specifications.
• Create and participate in PFMEA activities, Work Instruction Improvements, and Control Plan effectiveness with suppliers.
• Employ tactical thinking and communication of technical requirements in casting process iterations.
• This position involves up to 50% of travel.
U.S. PERSON REQUIREMENTS
Due to compliance with U.S. export control laws and regulations, candidate must be a U.S. Person, which is defined as, a U.S. citizen, a U.S. permanent resident, or have protected status in the U.S. under asylum or refugee status.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• 8 years combined of Casting/Foundry or Manufacturing Engineering experience including casting parameters, casting components, and casting process design
• Knowledge of using Six sigma / quality Tools and APQP (PFMEA, Control plan, SPC MSA etc.)
• Able to read technical drawings, specifications, and documentation (GD&T)
• Experience on performing production readiness & rate readiness reviews / assessments
• Effective collaboration skills to motivate and influence others at various levels without a direct reporting relationship.
• Experience on working with global suppliers / customers
• Proven problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret business performance and financial data, define actions, and implement solutions.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.