Goddard School Assistant Teacher in Cornelius, North Carolina
The Goddard School of Lake Norman in Cornelius, North Carolina is looking for fun, energetic, and responsible Assistant Teachers for our school. The mission of this role is to assist in caring for children and educating young minds. The Goddard School is a renowned program with a Piaget-based (Learning through Play) foundation and is a leader in the preschool industry. The focus of the program is to provide a life-long love of learning. Our faculty is made up of loving and dedicated teachers who understand each child's needs. Most of our teachers have been with us for years and some have been with us for a decade or more. Our teachers are highly qualified childhood educators who use their creativity and the Goddard guidelines as the basis for unique lesson plans that are brought to life in a fun and imaginative way.
The Goddard School offers competitive compensation based on experience, education, and certifications. We also offer attractive benefits including health and dental, paid holidays, two weeks of paid vacation, and a paid week off over the holidays.
- Work alongside a Lead Teacher in the classroom
- Foster a warm environment where children feel welcome and cared for
- Meet the individual educational needs of the children
- Participate in staff and training meetings
- Guide play, exploration, and learning
- Present expectations that are appropriate to the child's age and developmental level
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff
Work as part of a team of fun and remarkable educators Qualifications
Current background check preferred; Willingness to complete a background check required
- North Carolina Early Childhood Credentials preferred
- Prior Experience in licensed Childcare Facility preferred