Corning Incorporated Controls Technician in Corning, New York
- Please wait...
Date: May 4, 2021
Location: Corning, NY, US, 14831
Requisition Number: 46657
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise inspecialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
Scope of Position:
The candidate will work with controls engineers to fabricate, test, install, startup and commission integrated control systems. Work from engineering drawings, provide redlines, modify electrical schematics per approved changes. This is a hands-on position where candidate will build control cabinets (mounting components, wiring, electrical check out).
Day to Day responsibilities
• Develop Electrical drawings for cabinet layouts and schematics
• Specify and order components
• Fabricate electrical and controls panels and enclosures
• Conduct FATs to check out components and wiring
• Interface with customers, vendors, and trades
• Troubleshoot, repair, and restore existing systems and 3rd party cabinets or enclosures
• Completion of 2 yr. electrical or electronic associate degree OR
• Equivalent on the job training under apprenticeship
• Solid understanding of AC & DC electrical circuits
• Experience wiring control panels
• Proficiency working with electrical schematics and panel layouts
• Proficiency with AutoCAD
• Experience troubleshooting electrical and controls circuits
• Technical curiosity
• Self-motivated and can-do attitude
• Detail oriented
• Team Player, Collaborative
• Customer focused
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• A degree of flexibility in dealing with a continually changing project landscape.
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required, <5%.
Work hours: Standard Hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility for occasional longer days or early mornings with appropriate notification.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Corning
- Please wait...