Robert Half International Jr. Software Developer in Dallas, Texas
Description Job Summary:
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our data team. We are in the process of taking our software development to the next level. This person will be heavily involved in the evolution and maintenance of our systems.
The right candidate will be someone who loves automating everything and making processes more efficient. This person should also enjoy learning about financial services and, in particular, how the reinsurance industry works. This role is essential to the progression and development of our company.
This is an in-person opportunity (non-remote).
• Designing, modifying, developing and implementing a variety of technology solutions; building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet strategic business goals
• Participating in a constantly evolving corporate environment and translating reinsurance requirements into data-driven solutions, adhering to best practices and elite business standards, and collaborating effectively with your team mates
• Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities. Looking two steps ahead to future requirements to allow for greater flexibility and total scalability
• Employing industry best practices to evaluate, correct and prevent vulnerabilities during the software development process
• Participating in code and design reviews with other departments in order to create software with an intuitive interface and maximum efficiency
• Best-in-class healthcare plans and 401k matching
• Modern, open office space in the heart of downtown Dallas.
• Rapidly growing company with fun culture, company outings and activities
• Wide variety of projects
• Opportunity to learn from other skilled software engineers in an agile environment
• College degree and/or demonstrable experience of programing and software development.
• Strong verbal, written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and teamworking ability.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and report issues/updates up the chain of command.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Node JS
• Express JS
• React hooks
• Authentication experience (JWT & Session)
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.