MSC Industrial Supply Co. Analyst, Lead Deal Desk in Davidson, North Carolina
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE (https://youtu.be/VvCFDMQRyM8) to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :14396
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Sales / Business Development
Job Grade :Exempt 17
Work Location :Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province :North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location :Hybrid Role
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be called upon to perform as Strategic Leader to manage processes, ensuring compliance and identifying BDPs, and managing Deal Desk Analyst I members in all activities. Position will be responsible for making appropriate recommendations through analytical reporting that will support the needs of the business and positively impact the operational effectiveness. Provide support for MSC’s Commercial and Public Sector Teams on all financial business phases of the customer journey by managing large complex commercial/government program requirements and promoting MSC as a trusted advisor in the business relationship. This role will be responsible for managing activities related to customer profitability, contract business term maintenance, enabling MSC’s ability to meet customer program requirements and providing recommendations to maintain/increase program tenure and profitability. This is done through understanding the program and developing analytical insights to support program performance, while mitigating any potential risks.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides leadership support and guidance to team members, including managing Deal Desk Analyst I positions
· Trains, coaches and reviews performance of Deal Desk Analyst I Associates.
· Works with Deal Desk Analyst I in the development and implementation of special projects and processes
· Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve analyst performance.
· Lead in the analyzing and managing of financial requests and obligations for programs supported.
· Identify, analyze, and execute opportunities for improved performance, profitability, and incremental sales growth to align and fulfill contract requirements.
· Utilizes data mining techniques and information retrieval methods to gather business intelligence.
· Develops and maintains financial, market, operational and related research to support strategic pricing, discounting and overall guidance for large complex programs.
· Provides support during RFP deal making process to ensure the seller understands components of a deal, while maximizing
· Analyze customer buying patterns and compare to similar industry segments in order to optimize customer programs.
· Provide direct analytical support to the Large Account Sales Team to help identify areas for optimization and enhancements within a customer program.
· Interpret and evaluate research data, in order to determine how to incorporate within a customer pricing model.
· Ability to communicate effectively, at various levels within MSC, the results, guidance and strategies associated with the analysis.
· Works with Sales Management to incorporate trends, best practices and successes as it relates to customer pricing models and optimum customer gross margin programs.
· Assists in the development and implementation of solutions to maximize sales and profitability improvement through large customer opportunities.
· Assist in the development and implementation of pricing standards for large customers.
· Recommends strategies to management and develops business plans using the understanding of MSC’s operational structure and functions.
· Creatively solve problems and navigate through roadblocks that come up due to unique needs
· of our Large Complex customers.
· Understand and convey customer requirements on both a business and technical level to help
· identify system needs to keep MSC compliant with all contract regulations
· Proactively identifies and leads the collaboration efforts with the business to evaluate customer
· opportunities for data needs and works cross functionality to identify solutions.
· Maintains and extends strong and positive relationships with internal and external customers.
· Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission. Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent is required.
· Minimum of 10 years professional experience with at least 7 years’ experience in an analytical role with one or more of the following disciplines; financial analysis, business strategies or sales required.
· Definitive analytical ability is required.
· Minimum 3 year of experience leading teams is required.
· Strong business acumen, problem solving abilities, independent decision making, analytical
· ability and good judgment, required.
· Self-motivated individual with strong attention to detail, excellent organizational, presentation,
· and communication skills, required.
· Sound strategic thinker; ability to identify opportunities; nimbleness in thinking; initiator and
· driver of improvements and SOPs; execute business strategies; results-orientated, required.
· Ability to appropriately prioritize and execute on assigned work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
· environment, required.
· Excellent data analytical skills, spreadsheet, and other database skills, required.
· Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office applications, Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software is required.
· Ability to lead others
· This position may require access to International Traffic in Arms Regulations Information (“ITAR”) and/or Controlled Unclassified Information (“CUI”).
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE (https://jobs.mscdirect.com/content/Acknowledgement/?locale=en_US&previewLink=true&referrerSave=false) to review.