Trane Technologies Vice President, Deputy General Counsel - SEC / Securities Law & Corporate Finance in Davidson, North Carolina
Vice President, Deputy General Counsel - SEC / Securities Law & Corporate Finance
Davidson NC 800E Beaty St, Davidson, North Carolina, United States
Requisition # 2206325
Total Views 103
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The Vice President, Deputy General Counsel for SEC / Securities Law and Corporate Finance will report to the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary and will be based in our North American headquarters in Davidson, North Carolina.
• Assist with the preparation of materials for the Board and Committees including the Sustainability, Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee, the Audit Committee, the Compensation Committee; the Finance Committee and the Technology Committee as necessary; handling director compensation; direct interaction with the Board
• Draft and/or review periodic SEC reports; draft proxy statements and other SEC and NYSE filings
• Assist with the preparation, review and edit of the Annual Report to Shareholders and the ESG Report
• Primary provider of legal work for the Treasury Department on financing transactions, including public offerings, credit agreements, commercial paper programs, swaps, ISDAs, share repurchase programs and other Treasury-related matters
• Partner with the Finance and Tax Departments on public disclosures, multi-jurisdictional internal restructurings, legal entity rationalization and other legal matters as needed
• Partner with Risk Management on legal questions relating to D&O Insurance and related matters and fully support the company’s enterprise risk management policies and procedures
• Partner with the Total Rewards Department with respect to executive compensation disclosures, filings and governance
• Partner with the Center for Energy Efficiency and Sustainability (CEES) Team, Corporate Communications and Finance on the company’s ESG Report and regulatory disclosure developments in the United States and Europe with respect to ESG matters. Work with team to enable a world class ESG program
• Work with team on matters related to conflict minerals reporting
• Advise on securities trading matters and Section 16 issues and preparing associated ownership filings for directors and executive officers
• Operate in a leadership role in relation to corporate governance developments, drafting materials for consideration by the Sustainability, Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee of the Board and drafting corporate policies and/or public disclosures required by new legislation
• Review and approve Irish regulatory filings related to share issuances and redemptions, stamp duty, director registration in Ireland
• Overseeing corporate subsidiary maintenance of the Company’s approximately 200 global subsidiaries
• Advise on securities law matters, including reviewing investor relations presentations and press releases
• Ensure continuous improvement of and compliance with insider trading policies and procedures.
• Understand basic Irish corporate law and staying abreast of Irish corporate law developments; coordinating with Irish legal counsel on matters affecting the Company
• Advise on proxy advisory firm and shareholder approach to governance research, proxy analysis and vote management services
• Engage with Shareholders with respect to proxy and other matters affecting the company
• J.D. degree from an accredited US or Canadian law school
• Good standing member of a State Bar Association
• A minimum of 10-15 years of related legal experience – Ideally at least five years in an in-house legal role
• Global experience is essential
• Deep expertise on issues of corporate and US securities laws
• Business-oriented approach to problem solving, tempered by an appreciation for legal complexity and risk
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with business and functional leaders across the company, exhibit the highest standards of integrity, business controls, and business practices.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills, including the ability to simplify and communicate complex technical information
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.