TEKsystems Windows Systems Administrator in Eagan, Minnesota
We are seeking a Windows Administrator to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Client’s Windows Server Administration team providing technical services to systems supporting the daily operations. The position is on-site and located in Eagan, MN.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide planning, coordination, and implementation of server installations, upgrades, routine maintenance, and vendor supplied patches in accordance with established Information Technology (IT) policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs), Installation Qualifications (IQs), and documentation adhering to industry best practices.
• Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels; provide performance statistics and reports.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other functional areas within IT to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business requirements.
• Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
• Prioritize and respond to Service Desk tickets as appropriate.
• Provide timely response to escalations in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs).
• Serves as the primary contact for critical and high server-based outages and communicates the status of the outage to infrastructure management.
• Define and perform server backups and recovery procedures; participate in development, testing, and implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
• Provide off hours support using a rotating on call procedure.
• Strong customer service orientation, proven ability to pay attention to details and proven dependability.
• Interact with immediate supervisor, Postal management, Peraton team members, customers, and users daily.
• Special projects as assigned.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 4 years of related experience in a technical position supporting server environments. An additional 4 years of applicable work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Working knowledge of various technologies including items such as: Windows Operating Systems 2012, 2016, 2019 and VMware ESX/ESXi/View.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware and associated equipment.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
windows server, virtualization, vmware, active directory, powershell, sql, perl
Top Skills Details:
windows server,virtualization,vmware,active directory
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• 10 years of related experience in a technical position supporting server environments.
• General knowledge of storage technologies such as storage area network (SAN) or network-attached storage (NAS).
• Scripting skills and understanding of programming technologies including items such as: Batch, WinBatch, PERL,
• PowerShell, VBScript, VBA, .Net technologies, COM, and SQL.
• Direct experience in a large-scale hosted computing environment managing hundreds of servers or more.
• Must be able to obtain a confidential security clearance.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.