CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Internal Communications Manager in Fairfax, Virginia
Internal Communications Manager
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Internal Communications Manager
Category: Communications & Investor Relations
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J1021-2205
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you a communications pro who thrives in engaging employees with great content, using your excellent verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills to share compelling stories? Do you enjoy driving internal communications strategy to help manage change and create a place for others to belong and grow? If so, consider joining the CGI Federal Communications & Marketing team as our Internal Communications Manager.
As our Internal Communications Manager, you will develop and nurture a variety of internal programs aligned with CGI’s strategy, business goals and growth plans. You will serve as an advisor to leaders and colleagues on how to leverage internal communications best practices, strategies and channels to engage and inform members on a range of topics.
With CGI’s extensive presence across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, you will have the opportunity to interact regularly with colleagues and internal communications experts across the U.S. and the globe to generate ideas and share best practices.
The ideal candidate enjoys working as a self-starter, wearing many hats, managing a team of direct reports and matrixed resources and accommodating tight deadlines and shifting priorities. As a team player, you thrive in a fast-paced environment flexing between strategic planning and tactical execution in the communications space.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your work falls into the following categories:
• Strategy Development and Implementation
o Develop and execute strategic internal communication plans for key projects and
programs, driving change and delivering key messages to enrich CGI’s culture, values
and member experience
o Build relationships and consult with stakeholders throughout the organization to
understand integrated communication needs and support execution of CGI Federal’s
strategy, business goals and growth plans through the timely delivery of clear,
understandable communications that make complex concepts real and actionable
o Foster the ability of CGI Federal’s workforce to help amplify CGI’s brand externally, to
bolster our recruiting and business development efforts
o Leverage data and evaluation findings to help inform communication efforts
o Keep informed of best-in-class and current trends in communications and make
recommendations to create a more impactful communication experience, through
traditional and digital channels
• Team Management and Leadership
o Manage and develop a small team of communication professionals
o Ensure team is operating in the most effective way possible and has the appropriate
level of skills and capabilities to be successful
o Understand what's unique about each team member and know how to capitalize on
their strengths and find ways to upskill where gaps exist
• Operations and Infrastructure
o Ensure the effective development and maintenance of our internal communications
channels, expanding ability to leading governance to ensure content is timely and
o Write and lead the development of communications content
o Manage the quality and delivery of all communications to ensure cohesive messaging,
adhering to our editorial standards and brand guidelines
o Coordinate graphic and digital design needs with internal and external creative
resources, managing budget and matrixed relationship and ensuring good quality
output and adherence to branding
o Leverage and align work to appropriate resources across the team to ensure work is
completed in the most efficient and impactful way
o Lead the production of large-scale in-person and digital events
• Other duties as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years of related experience in the communications industry, with a strong focus in internal communications and complementary experience (e.g., marketing, graphic design, branding, digital) preferred
• 4-6 years of personnel management skills with a passion for leading and developing individuals to meet their highest potential
• Seasoned confidence in partnering with, presenting to, writing and editing for senior management and diverse audiences
• Ability to manage conflict and build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization, across all levels of personnel
• Flexibility in balancing competing priorities and quickly turning around deliverables in a continuously changing business and work environment
• Solid understanding of branding principles, to ensure brand consistency and amplify brand
• Ability to understand complex business strategy from multiple angles, and translate it into understandable and creative narratives
• Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
• Experience using data to help inform strategic decisions and set direction
• Excellent project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables across many teams
• Solid background developing corporate communications plans, and constructing and executing tactics to support the plan and measure results
• Change management communications experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Experience working successfully within in a matrixed organization
• Solid understanding of video with ability to edit and oversee production of internal video content
• SharePoint knowledge
• Experience using Microsoft Teams to facilitate the internal exchange of ideas among large stakeholder groups
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.