Aston Carter Senior Program Buyer in Farmington Hills, Michigan
• Manage Global Purchasing deliverables for new and series production programs.
• Support the investigation of new designs/technologies on future programs and coordinate with the Commodity Buyers.
• Work with Advanced Engineering, Cost Estimating & Commodity Buyers to develop costs on components where data is limited.
• Manage bill of material costing for a program and identifying cost-saving opportunities.
• Prepare and support Commodity Buyers for quoting and sourcing to program deliverables.
• Track component costs & status of negotiations to ensure sourcing is aligned with program targets.
• Work with cross-functional team of engineers, buyers, Supplier Development Engineers & Program Managers to ensure supplier performance deliverable are met, identify cost & timing issues then work to resolve them.
• Coordinate/lead efforts to identify and implement cost savings opportunities such as engineering changes, VA/VE, lean activities, and resourcing activities.
• Collaborate with global colleagues as required.
• Flexible hybrid office environment.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of purchasing program experience, including working knowledge of purchasing principals.
• Automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience preferred.
• Experience with purchasing program management deliverables.
• Strong project management skills - ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Strong analytical and technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Approximately 5% travel required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred with focus in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering.
Buyer purchasing, Purchasing, Buying experience, Negotiation, Purchasing experience, procurement, quoting, excel pivot tables, sourcing, Program management, purchase order, commodity strategy, Project management
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Education: Bachelors preferred
Key to success: Soft skills- self motivated, working in a space of ambiguity, proactive, strong communication skills, eager to grow professionally
Having experience with components in Metal stamping, casting, or forging setting
Plex ERP system experience may be going to Campfire ERP
please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734)585-7914.
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.