Aveanna Home Health Aide - Full time in Flandreau, South Dakota
Home Health Aide - Full time
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
Flandreau, SD 57028
Home Health Aide
Recover Health is now a part of the Aveanna Healthcare family of companies.
Aveanna Healthcare has grown tremendously during the past year, and through a series of exciting acquisitions we’ve expanded the scope of our business into home health and hospice.
TheHome Health Aideis an individual who provides personal care, selected treatment procedures, minimal household tasks and occasional meal preparation under the advisory of a Registered Nurse for individuals with special needs in their homes. A Home Health Aide is a caring and compassionate person who has the maturity to assume the responsibilities that this position demands, someone with genuine concern for the sick or otherwise disabled, the ability to follow written and oral directions, as well as being able to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform personal care tasks including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks.
• Perform home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning.
• Plan meals, shop for groceries, prepare and serve meals, and clean up.
• Communicate verbally with clients, client family members, and Recover Health staff in a professional manner.
• Ensure client safety while maintaining a safe environment.
• Remind and assist clients with self-administration of medications (with proper training).
• Encourage self-help activities.
• Report and Document services provided and changes in client's condition or family situation to the office.
• Maintain clinical record documentation according to Recover Health policy and procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
Why Join Our Team?
• Innovative technology to make your life easier.
• Our care team work together to meet the needs of each patient.
• Nationwide career opportunities where our leaders encourage advancements.
• Our care teams enjoy the flexibility of getting to build rapport with patients to produce the best outcomes.
• We know that our care teams make or break the organization’s success!
• 18 years of ageor older with High school degree/GED.
• Completion of the companies competency testing for HHA
• Minimum of one-year Home Health Care experience or LTC experience a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.