Texas Health Resources Ultrasonographer II- Justin Tower in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire an ULTRASONOGRAPHER II to work full-time.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Ave. Fort Worth TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $31.76/hr to Max. $47.75/hr – based on relevant experience
• Full-Time; 36 Hours
• Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to and during exam.
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS.
• Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS.
• Works in tandem with staff to ensure laser images from modality or PACS are printed as needed.
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment.
• Applies proper knowledge of instrumentation, probe selection and cognitive sonographic skills.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging.
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment.
• Maintains ARDMS, CME credits and CPR yearly or when applicable (ARRT and CMRT if applicable).
• Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Required
• Other - Graduate of an AMA approved / accredited Ultrasound Program Preferred
• Associate's Degree Preferred
• 2 Years clinical experience in a hospital radiology department Preferred
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Sonography and one additional modality Upon Hire Req OR
• ARDMS - American Registry for Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers must have 2 certifications Upon Hire Required
• Other - RVT or VT(RVS) as one modality if performing vascular sonography Upon Hire Required
Competency in scanning/equipment operation. Excellent Communication skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.