Family Allergy & Asthma Nurse - RN or LPN in Greenwood, Indiana
It's Allergy Season and we LPNs or RNs to come help us out!
If you are looking for Holidays & Weekends Off! Apply Now!
If you are looking for Extra PTO Hours! Apply Now!
What about a Recognition Program where you earn REWARDs for Gift Cards, FAA Swag, or EXTR EXTRA PTO Hours?
What are you waiting for? Apply Now!
New Grads and Experienced Nurses are encouraged to Apply!
Family Allergy & Asthma have Full-time positions available at our Greenwood and Avon Offices with a typical schedule of Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM or 8:15 AM - 5:30 PM if working in Injection Room, with some late evenings until 6:00 PM or 6:30 PM
This is a Clinic Nurse OR Injection Room position either working alongside a physician assisting with patient care or administering Allergy Injections to patients.
The standard schedule for this position includes working at the following locations:
Zionsville, Greenwood, Avon, Columbus & Noblesville offices.
At Family Allergy & Asthma, you will not only gain another Family, but you will enjoy Great Benefits to include, Extra PTO Hours, Weekends & Holidays Off, Travel/Mileage Reimbursement, Free Scrubs, Monthly Drawing/Contest, and More
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Get rooms ready for patients and prepare for allergy testing each morning
• Calibrate PFT sensor daily
• Escort patients to a treatment room and prepare them for the doctor's visit
• Assist the doctor with skin testing and other procedures as ordered
• Send prescriptions, complete asthma care plans and discharge summaries
• Complete documentation in EMR
• Prepare and administer any medications requested by the doctor
• Pulmonary function testing, FeNO testing, and peak flow monitoring
• Patient education regarding medications and environmental control
• Prepare and administer nebulized medication and patient education (if needed)
• Scan testing sheets
• Schedule appointments for outpatient procedures
• Administer allergy injections and complete all duties of the shot room
• Keep clinical area and exam rooms organized and stocked with supplies
• Keep samples and sample bags stocked on shelves
• Check emergency medications monthly and reorder as needed
• Check refrigerator temperatures daily and log on chart
• Complete all tasks in Triage when scheduled
• Prepare patient information folders and EC packets
• Prepare I.D. and scratch trays
• Check patients in/out at satellite offices (front office duties) – as needed
• Total clinic and shot room charges and make deposits as needed
• Shut down and plug in computers (pack, if needed), and plug in otoscopes at end of day
• Transport supplies (box) to and from satellite offices as needed
• Work from other area offices as per schedule
• Maintain and follow HIPAA policies and procedures
• Cover Injection Room and/or Front Offices as needed
• Other relevant duties as assigned by Director
Education, Prior Work Experience, Special Skill And Knowledge Requirements
• Certified Medical Assistant or Diploma in Nursing- LPN/RN with Indiana license
• 1 to 2 years medical assistant or nursing experience in an office setting, preferred.
• Previous allergy/asthma experience preferred
• Active CPR certification required
• Valid Driver's License required
• Ability to travel to satellite offices as needed
• Acceptable results on Office of Inspector General, State Medicaid Exclusions, Abuse Registry Checks, Background Screenings, Drug Screen, and Sanction Checks
• Must be at least 18 years of age
Family Allergy & Asthma provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.