FirstService Residential Assistant Community Manager in Hoboken, New Jersey
FirstService Residential is currently seeking a part time Assistant Community Manager in the Hoboken, NJ area
Primary Responsibilities: Manage and administer the day to day operations of the Community Association business. Maintain communication with Board of Trustees/Directors and homeowners. Work closely with the community manager on all manners of community financials and project management.
Assure that the policies, resolutions and other acts of the Board are carried out *
Be knowledgeable of all Association Governing Documents, Rules and Regulations and general legal requirements of a community association *
Assist with the daily implementation of the annual budget, perform general financial management and recordkeeping *
Assist Association and In-House counsel on collection matters and monitor maintenance fee accounts *
Assist with preparation of specifications needed for all services received by the Association (e.g., landscaping, snow, trash, insurance, pool, etc.)
Assist with bid process, review bid spec proposals and comparison spreadsheets and make board recommendations as appropriate. *
Ensure maintenance of all files, records and correspondence in accordance with company procedures and good business practices *
Attend all Board meetings, where necessary *
Assist with preparation of Board meeting agenda, monthly management report and all other reports and material needed for Board Packet *
Assist with establishing an annual calendar indicating all association activity, deadlines, election, meetings, projects, etc.
Assist all walk-in homeowners and refer to Community Manager, when necessary. *
Maintain Association filing -- homeowner filing, correspondence, work orders, accounting documentation etc. *
Mailings, as needed and required. *
Recordkeeping -- binders to be kept with the following: Monthly Agendas, Modification Requests, Work Orders, Financials (including Social/Trip accounting).
Bachelors Degree of Higher strongly preferred *
Strong organizational and administrative skills *
Strong written and verbal communication skills *
Excellent word processing, mathematic and computer skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day. Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if necessary.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the business.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be mobile enough to move around both the office in order to make copies, send mail and faxes and to walk around the property. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- This position may alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions for the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
2+ Years of customer service experience in high traffic environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled