Microsoft Corporation Designer 2 in Hyderabad, India
Microsoft’s mission is to ‘empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more’.
At studio+91 at the India Development Center (MSIDC), we work together across a multitude of disciplines:
design, research and design engineering, to empower people all over the planet. Our diverse teams are
constantly iterating, solving problems and collaborating with product managers, engineers to craft
meaningful and relevant product experiences. Studio+91 is ‘microcosm of Microsoft’ with teams working
across Edge, Bing, Office, OneDrive and SharePoint, Notes and Tasks, Azure, etc. forming and contributing
diverse perspectives to the product experiences.
We are looking for a talented designer who exhibits user empathy, big picture focus; and has mature
design craftsmanship and problem-solving skills, who will work collaboratively with UX researchers,
product managers and engineers while driving design from concept to final i
• You will work with fellow designers, research, product, and engineering teams to define and
create relevant, intuitive and beautiful experiences that our customers love.
• You will conceptualize and design original ideas that bring simplicity and ease of use to complex
design issues. You are a conceptual thinker as well as a craftsperson. Your design work is clean,
focused and inspiring to others.
• You will also collaborate with a dedicated and passionate multidisciplinary team to ship high
quality experiences, in an agile environment. You must be able to communicate and collaborate
across disciplines and articulate your design solutions across the team with a high level of
influence and impact.
• Portfolio showcasing your proficiency in translating research insights into great product
experiences, reflecting the synthesis of good visual and interaction design principles.
• A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience
and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation and be
indicative of problem solving, creative thinking and the delivery of solid end to end
• 4+ years of experience shipping products in a product/software environment
• Passion for design and a strong command of interaction and visual design capabilities
• Proven experience in creatively solving hard problems, driving complex design issues across
multidisciplinary groups such as engineering, product management, research and marketing; and
shipping relevant experiences within deadlines.
• User-centric approach to design and an understanding of how to apply research insights into
design and development of the product experience.
• Excellent storytelling skills to generate empathy, craft a vision, design for impact, using written
and verbal communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Expertise with Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, and related tools
• Experience with prototyping tools (InVision, Flinto, Framer, Processing, Unity, etc.)