Graham Packaging Company Plant Controller in Jefferson, Louisiana
Graham Packaging is a people, planet and values-based company and a leader in sustainable packaging manufacturing. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life.
For employees at Graham, our Blue Culture is part of their everyday lives, too. In other words, Blue is how we do things here.
At Graham, we are united by a clear vision. We know our part and help those around us know theirs, encouraging one another to continuously improve. We create a safe, challenging environment to innovate by supporting creative ideas and new ways of thinking. We take the initiative to cultivate our individual growth and help others do the same, while keeping ourselves and one another accountable. And we actively promote cooperation, collaboration, integrity and respect across regions and teams to foster an engaged, diverse and connected workforce.
We value our employees, and a Blue Culture allows for the most rewarding employee experience as part of the Graham family. Blue is how we feel about what we do—together—to create a better tomorrow.
This Plant Controller reports directly to Regional Controller and will have accounting/reporting responsibilities for the New Orleans plant, and will also manage financial assurance for offsite warehouse and Vendor Management financial reporting, specifically:
· Responsible for the processing and analyzing plant financial data and reporting on actual plant manufacturing results versus established objectives
· Execute month end close requirements in compliance with building blocks and internal financial controls and analytical review of plant financial statements as well as forecasting and budgeting at the plant level.
· Provide support to Plant Manager and Regional Controller in the development and improvement of processes and methodologies, cost reduction opportunities and the development of operational targets
· Other responsibilities as needed
· Identify key performance metrics that impact conversion costs and work with operations on reduction opportunities
· Analyze and generate weekly cost control data including conversion cost to help plant leadership team impact financial results.
· Educate and train staff on plant financials, spend tracking, and operational levers.
· Support initiatives and other plant functions such as safety, quality, and daily tier management.
· Provide financial leadership for capital management, including working with the manufacturing organization to prepare financial analysis related to cost savings & maintenance projects (“AFEs”)
· Assist plants with monthly forecasts and offer feedback on trends
· Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others
· Implement/establish procedures and monitor plant compliance of internal financial/operational controls including SOX related requirements and corporate finance Building Blocks (i.e. daily production posting, customer shipments, etc.) and remediate any plant audit deficiencies.
· Ensure plant team is compliant with corporate purchasing policy and procedures.
· Monitoring of standard costs for accuracy
· Assist in the management of the weekly/monthly physical inventory process
· Lead and reconcile annual tagged physical inventory.
· Maintain plant SAP asset register including annual physicals, additions, retirements and accelerated depreciation
· External/Internal audit support
Planning & Reporting
· Responsible for financial closing process for multiple plant manufacturing locations
· Provide day to day financial and operational support for assigned plants
· Perform manufacturing variance analysis
· Prepare and analyze monthly rest of year forecast Develop annual budget with plant leadership to include operational productivity improvements and A3 savings analysis
· Identify financial risks and opportunities with plant leadership team including A3 continuous improvement projects.
· Assist management with financial analysis or special projects
· Responsible for developing plant standard costing
· BS/BA Required in Finance or Accounting
· 3-5 years Accounting/Finance Experience, preferably in a manufacturing industry.
· Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office tools, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
· Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse and Hyperion/HFM desirable.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, and data-manipulation skills
· Effective communication skills - both interpersonal and written
· Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
· Travel 0-25% may be required
The expected salary range for the position described in this posting is made in accordance with the legal mandates of certain jurisdictions within the United States. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual qualifications and experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in the company’s 401K Employee Saving Plan and may participate in its Employee Wellness Program. Employees will also receive paid time off in accordance with company policy and state law requirements.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Locations US-LA-Jefferson
We believe in equal opportunity for all job candidates, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations or marital status. Download these flyers to learn more about our company’s policies, including our participation in E-Verify.