DuPont Improvement Engineer in Jiangsu, China
Improvement Engineer (Job Number: 210193W-01)
Purpose of the job :
This role serves as a vital resource for Operations by applying strong technical and organizational skills to drive the plant level continuous improvement program targeted at delivering maximum value from the assets, while continuously improving process safety and production efficiency across the Interconnect Solutions business in China (ZJG site and Dongguan site), Taiwan (Taoyuan site), and Japan (Sasakami site). Improvement Engineers generate tremendous value for the business through their technical and financial knowledge, skills and abilities.
• As a major contact of ICS Manufacturing Technology for Improvement and Manufacturing process of all sites while accountable to the Manufacturing Technology Improvement Leader for delivery of improvements;
• New Products Creation and Scale Up
• Responsible for manufacturing knowledge/know-how transfer;
• Participate as team member in PCF project and scale up;
• Taking the lead for product launch and scale up in manufacturing site for non-PCF project.
• Process Safety Management (PSM)
• Owns and implements DuPont PSM elements, including, Process Technology Package, PHA, Technology MOC, PSM investigations, etc.
• Champion process safety activities and act as a resource for relevant process safety concerns such as Cardinal Rules, SIS/LOPA, Safety System Impairment, Reactive Chemicals, until fully transition to DuPont PSM.
• Manufacturing Support
• Supports the implementation of Run & Maintain projects, develops and manages team project plan and ensures on time and on budget delivery;
• Supports plant in current products quality and technical issue resolution;
• Supports contract manufacturing qualification and technical issue resolution;
• Supports plant in yield & capacity improvement;
• Being the role of project manager or manufacturing representative
• Continuous Improvement & Technology Implementation
• Captures and analyzes data to identify technology enhancements and asset reliability, leads all initiatives to improve the technical processes and reliability of the ICS plant;
• Partnering with plant operation personnel to secure process data for identification of technology gaps and improvement opportunities for process, yield, asset utilization and productivity;
• Validating improvement opportunities using global tools (ex, six-sigma) and assists in building the Plant Specific Technology Plan;
• Initiate engineering improvement/upgrade or new technology introduction through driving knowledge exchange with technology experts to explore improvement opportunities for the business;
• Identifies, develops, documents, communicates and implements Most Effective Technology across the business.
Required skill-sets :
• Possess strong sense of ownership and are accountable for the success and failure of continuous improvement efforts and for the economic return on those activities;
• Quick learner;
• Demonstrate positive influential behaviors through active plant engagement and excellent use of management systems;
• Cross site/region communication skills and promote strong communication with all team members, proactively reach out and touch people;
• Self-initiative - identify improvement opportunities and form projects to close them;
• Problem solving and troubleshooting ability;
• Six Sigma and/or Continuous Improvement concept/skills;
• Documentation and systemizations.
Education, WorkingExperience, Certificate and Other Requirements :
• Master / Bachelor in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 5 years or above in Process Engineering, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Project Management or equivalent.
• Certified Six Sigma Green Belt or above is preferred.
• Proficient in both written and speaking English is critical to rapid success.
Primary Location: APAC-China-Jiangsu-Zhangjiagang
Organization: Electronics & Imaging
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.