NextEra Energy Agile Leader in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Sep 16, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Our IT Team supporting the Power Generation Business is seeking an experienced Agile IT leader with experience building and overseeing an application development portfolio who will influence the transformation of the organization and business partners to adopt lean portfolio management (LPM) principles. This position is business-facing and requires collaboration with other IT groups. In addition to creating business value, this person will need to support strategic corporate initiatives and succeed in a highly matrixed environment.
Cloud EWIS is a cloud-based, in-house developed, time-series database that consumes over three million tags from 600 NextEra assets and serves the data via Excel, Ignition, CEWIS Web Trender, cloud analytics tools, and various in-house applications. The system feeds data to nearly 3,500 internal and external customers including critical control, operations, and diagnostics centers such as the ROCC, FPDC, PMI and EMT.
This position requires strong project management skills, robust financial acumen, high technical proficiency, and subject matter expertise of the CEWIS system. The primary role of this working leader position is to delivery numerous projects as approved by the IT Governance Board on-time and on-budget by ensuring scope is clearly defined, resources are marshaled, Product Owners are regularly engaged in discussions/updates, and plans are developed and executed on appropriately. Additionally, this person must build lasting and fruitful relationships with the Business to meet the needs of the various internal and external stakeholders
This position guides teams in the execution of agile initiatives to deliver customer value. Employees in this role train and coach in the use of Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, and scale agile framework practices. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Trains and coaches leaders, teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindset
- Contributes in Communities of Practice (CoP), within the agile network
- Promotes and encourages collaboration and transparency and builds trusting relationships between business, delivery, and other entities within the organization
- Facilitates periodic synchronization meetings across several different onsite and distributed delivery teams
- Prepares program and release backlogs, as well as team and program objectives
- Tracks, promotes, and publishes completed program features and program and team objectives
- Manages risk and dependencies, communicates and escalates impediments to facilitate transparency, and reduces bottlenecks
- Embraces a continuous improvement mindset, and drives the use of agile engineering best practices and innovation
- Reports on standardized program-level metrics, and understands, tracks, and operates within the program budget
- Plays an instrumental role in the organization’s Agile transformation, acts as a change agent, and shows strong leadership skills with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.