Shire Clinical Supplies Manager in Lexington, Massachusetts
• Works with Clinical Supplies Planning function to interpret clinical trial drug requests and clinical protocols and to develop supply packaging strategies, timelines and budgets. • Utilizes the ClinApps Clinical Supplies Management Database (CSMD) for clinical labeling approval, to request packaging/labeling/distribution jobs, to manage inventory, shipments, and drug return activities. • Provides input into Interactive Response Technology (IRT) design for randomization, supplying drug to depots and sites, and for return functionality.
• Interfaces with Clinical Supplies Technologies Team to understand Shire IRT standards and CSMD requirements and proactively designs database methodology and/or trouble-shoots potential challenges. • Interfaces with appropriate QA/QP personnel to help plan work activities and to facilitate expeditious release of IMP for shipment to sites. • Interfaces with Product Development group to ensure that trial supplies are appropriately supported and that appropriate stability programs are in-progress, and/or appropriate expiry dating exists. • Works closely with Logistics function to pro-actively plan, document, and facilitate global cross-border supply strategies, including requirements associated with controlled substances, compliance to global trade standards, and in-country investigational product regulatory requirements for delivery of product to final destinations.
• Works with Clinical Supply Specialists to manage and troubleshoot shipment requests, drug returns, CSMD, and IRT processes. Works with them to ensure creation and maintenance of Clinical Supply IMP documentation and product specification files (where required) according to established procedures and to manage IMP inventory for projects assigned.
• Coordinates primary and secondary packaging, labeling, testing, distribution, return drug management activities with contract providers according to approved budget. Ensures that activities are performed in accordance with statements of work, packaging requests, job orders, regulations and established quality and service level agreements. Processes compliant invoices promptly to ensure optimal value to Shire.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Degree in Pharmacy, other scientific/technical degree, or significant job related experience. • 5-8 years relevant Pharmaceutical Industry and/or Contract Provider experience is preferred. • Experience with Medical Devices a plus.
Other: Travel to local contractors is required in order to ensure project success. Travel is required to investigator meetings when requested by Clinical Research team. International travel may be required in support of project activities.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.