Kiewit Corporation Traffic Control Laborer in Little Rock, Arkansas
Requisition ID: 88042
Responsible for performing various hand duties including job site set up, tear down and safety around the job site including safe vehicular traffic control.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Setup, maintain, and remove temporary work zones including warning signs, traffic cones, stop slow paddles, and rumble strips
• Communicate to ensure that automobiles and pedestrians do not interfere with or pose a danger to laborers and their projects.
• Maintain traffic controls in all assigned work zones and report any problems
• Responsible for understanding general work flow patterns in work zones and ensuring proper protocol and traffic requirements are followed and discussed with foreman/supervisor.
• Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
• Direct movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand and flag signals.
• Inform construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
• Inform drivers of detour routes through construction sites.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
• Ability to use hand tools, power tools and layout tools safe and efficiently.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.