Mouser Electronics Inc. Business Analyst II in MANSFIELD, Texas
Business Analyst II
Location MANSFIELD TEXAS
Hours Needed M-F, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Requisition Number 12465
Apply Now (https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf03/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=MOUSER&cws=40&rid=12465)
The Business Analyst II works in a fast-paced environment within Mouser's IS team, and supports the delivery of global solutions across Mouser Electronics. The Business Analyst II analyzes department processes, documents business requirements, recommends process improvements, proposes ideas for technical solutions, and acts as the functional subject matter expert (SME) for the project and assigned business unit(s). The Business Analyst II works and establishes solid relationships with stakeholders, project team members, IS Managers and Directors, Mouser Executives, and other "key" individuals throughout the organization.
Maintain a strong acumen in both IS and the Mouser business and apply it to each assignment.
Establish and maintain open, fluid and timely communications with all interested parties, stakeholders, and project team members. This could include all levels from Company Executives to individual contributors.
Must take initiative to spend time with all user levels. This includes formal meetings, informal meetings, side by sides, etc.
Expected to send out meeting agendas in advance and distribute comprehensive meeting notes to attendees.
Facilitate requirement sessions with key individuals to understand current processes, identify requirements, and business rules.
Is an agent of change; ask questions, suggest ideas for requirements, projects, and technical solutions.
Establish a firm understanding of assigned business unit(s) and projects, including the business value behind each change.
Document and assist with prioritization of functional and non-functional requirements to support new and existing applications.
Responsible for producing wireframes, mockups, user guides, demoing new solutions or changes, validating the project meets requirements, supporting UAT, and implementation of assigned projects.
Collaborates with IS Teams to validate business requirements against system functionality.
Serves as the point of contact for the Business, Developers, Software Architects, and QA throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Partners with Developers, QA, and Business Teams to support the development, testing, and deployment of the project.
Responsible for project communication, weekly project dashboards, creating timelines, and overseeing the completion of smaller projects.
Schedules, facilitates, and leads regular project prioritization sessions with assigned business unit(s).
Fosters a learning environment and mentors Business Analyst I.
Available to work early, late and weekends when needed to fulfill assigned responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Business or relevant discipline, and 2+ years' experience as a Business Analyst in software development. In lieu of a degree, 5+ years' of relevant work experience in software development or technical field is acceptable.
CCBA Certificate or 3,750 hours of business analysis experience in software development.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
· In depth understanding of Mouser’s business systems, applications, data sources etc.
· Knowledgeable of the software development lifecycle, project management tools and methodologies (waterfall, agile, prototyping, JAD).
· Proficient in process mapping, business process reengineering, and gap analysis.
· Must be able to analyze spreadsheets, data, business processes, and workflows.
· Exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation, organizational, and teaching skills.
· Ability to ask the right questions, understand the need, and identify requirements and solution gaps.
· Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly describe business problems or processes to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
· Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities with a strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
· PC experience in a Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other software.
· Lean Six Sigma experience a plus.
· Ability to read programming languages such as C, C++, Unibasic, MV Basic, Java, or Python.
· Basic understanding of relational and/or multivalue database including the ability to read and write SQL statements.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at any time at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.
Mouser Electronics endeavors to make its Career page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at (817) 804-8050 or email@example.com . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to apply for positions or to inquire about the status of applications.
Mouser is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click HERE (https://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/eeo-policy-statement.pdf) . If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click HERE (https://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/eeo-poster.pdf) .