Shire HR Manager Milford in Milford, Massachusetts
HRBP and Site Lead for Milford, MA manufacturing site
•Responsible for HR Service delivery at site including but not limited to: Talent Development, Talent
Acquisition, Succession Planning, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, etc.
•Provide HRBP support to Site Leader and Plant SLT
•Develop people / talent components of the business (site) strategy
•Bring best practice and external perspectives to strategic and operational business discussions
and people management decision making
•Accountable for the relationship with business leaders; orchestrates the delivery and
implementation of core HR programs and processes through COEs and/or HR Operations
•Use understanding of business needs to help shape the HR Strategy and Objectives
•Support the Business on the effective development, deployment and reward of resources and
talent in the business to achieve strategic and operational objectives (including business
•Drive, monitor and continuously improve HR metrics and plant talent KPIs
• As a member of the Biologics HR network, actively contribute to Global Biologics people related strategy, programs, and priorities.
• Plan for potential workforce scenarios based on the businesses long range plans; conduct an
assessment of workforce gaps, and identify opportunities to proactively build the talent pipeline
• Collaborate with other HRBPs to identify where there are similar or adjacent workforce needs
across other functions and divisions where development and/or sourcing can be leveraged
• Participate in hiring process for key roles (initial role design and profile, partnership with Talent
Strategy, Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards, influencing diverse candidate slates, serving on
interview panel, etc.)
•Support leaders in building a strong leadership pipeline across Shire
• Influence and support the business to ensure that proactive leadership development is viewed as
a core part of the business processes
• Facilitate processes to identify top talent and ensure that investments that leaders make are in the
• Serve as a partner to Senior Leaders on the creation of development plans for key talent and
determine what development solutions may be appropriate
• Serve as a champion for new leadership development solutions; articulate relevance to business
strategy and objectives
• Collaborate with leaders, other HRBPs, and TM COE to identify development opportunities for key
talent across the organization
• Provide feedback to leaders to help them improve their leadership
• Provide feedback on the design and implementation of leadership/management development
•Enable leaders to effectively manage change.
• Maintain an awareness of changes in client business areas internally (within organization) and
externally (within industry/discipline)
• Diagnose opportunities to improve the performance of the organization utilizing tools to measure
organization effectiveness (e.g. 360 feedback, surveys, employee metrics) as well as informal
awareness of pulse of the organization
• Work with the business and within HR to design and implement formal or informal initiatives to
improve the performance of the organization
• Ensure actions taken in the organization are aligned to the desired culture
• Partner with leaders in creating a culture and work environment that encourages employee
engagement and inspires performance excellence
• Utilize data and predictive analytics to identify organizational effectiveness opportunities and to
measure the impact of efforts
• Leads where appropriate business expansions including M&A integrations
Performance & Rewards
• Ensure robust practices that link performance and reward are embedded.
• Provide business perspective on the COE’s design of new reward / recognition programs and
ensures alignment with business strategy
• Recommend tools, programs and approaches to attract, retain and recognize talent and improve
• Educate, influence, and advocate reward and recognition philosophy and practice within the
business to ensure fairness and consistency and inspire stronger employee and organizational
• Work with leaders to ensure successful execution of the yearend
including employee calibration
• Advise leaders in dealing with senior level employee relations issues. Partner with ER and the
legal team to understand trends in employee performance issues and advise on appropriate
Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree required
MBA or Master’s degree in an HR discipline preferred.
8+ years HR experience including at least 5 in an HR leadership capacity
Previous experience working in a plant, DC, manufacturing, operations environment preferred
Experience in pharmaceutical, BioTech, Med Device industry desired but not essential
Experience working in complex global matrix organizations preferred
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.