Bechtel Corporation Field Superintendent - Bus/lot in Monaca, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 234183
Requisition Posting End Date: 04/15/2021
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will use ethane to produce 1.6 million tonnes of polyethylene per year. The project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The ethylene / polyethylene complex will be located in the Ohio River Valley north of Pittsburgh. It comprises an ethane cracker and three polyethylene units, plus OSBL including a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration unit and a large storage-in-transit rail yard.
The Bus/Lot Superintendent will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the offsite and onsite transportation programs, site traffic plans, jobsite route status communication, and oversize material delivery coordination. In this role, the Bus/Lot Superintendent will be responsible for:
1. Coordination with jobsite personnel on any required busing/shuttle changes required to support site activities
2. Daily reporting and Subcontract Management of the Offsite Busing Subcontractor
3. Coordination with Busing Subcontractor and site supervision to optimize bus utilization and efficiency
4. Implementation of Site Traffic Control Planning
5. Management of Jobsite Traffic patterns via coordination with supervision and subcontractors
6. Regular communication of changes to jobsite route conditions to site personnel.
7. Coordination with procurement and Project T&L on upcoming oversize deliveries, cargo offloads, and module movements.
8. Coordination with Indirect Superintendents to ensure road conditions are maintained, access is established, and suitable for transportation requirements.
9. Coordination with Rigging Superintendent to ensure load/offload locations are clearly established.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation.
2. Knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy.
3. Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
4. Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
5. Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
6. Knowledge of Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs).
7. Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
8. Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
9. Knowledge of the use of subcontracts, and the contractor and subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
10. Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors and/or Direct Hire workforce.
11. Experience working with, supervising USA Building Trades Unions.
Must have a current and valid driver's license.
1. Experience in offsite transportation management for large-scale construction projects.
2. Experience in site traffic management on a large-scale construction project.
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.).
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.