Morgan Advanced Materials, PLC IT Service Desk Technician - New Bedford in New Bedford, Massachusetts
Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.
Key Figures: Revenue £910m (2020), 7,500 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
The global IT Operations team are responsible for making sure all IT services are delivered in a way that maximises value for the Morgan business with minimal disruptions and as cost effectively as possible.
This role is responsible for handling incoming incidents and service requests and handling alerts or maintenance activities. Focus is on proactive customer service through engaging with users and key stakeholders, understand timely and consistent responses.
This role is responsible for Desktop support, IT support, infrastructure,troubleshooting, resolving harware issues and customer centric. On day to day also be responsible for the following:
• Service Desk
a. Manage service performance against SLA and other KPI metrics.
b. Review and route incoming tickets as part of a global team, resolving tickets within scope.
c. Escalate complex or major incidents.
d. Retain issue ownership as the customer representative through the ticket lifecycle.
• User Productivity
a. Proactively and regularly engage with aligned offices/factories to understand local IT needs and concerns
b. Help users to get better value from their IT by offering knowledge in the form of documentation, user training, coaching, or engaging a third party.
c. Collaborate with subject matter working groups to drive Continual Service Improvement
• Min 2 years in an IT support or Desktop Support role is required.
• Customer Service – Comfortable supporting customers at all levels in the organisation to a high standard. Showing a high level of business empathy
• Communication - Fluent English speaker able to collaborate in a global organisation and coordinate ticket resolution activity between multiple resolver groups.
• Technical Knowledge – Able to work beyond basic procedures to troubleshoot ambiguous or undocumented scenarios.
• Work Independently - Able to prioritise incoming tickets among scheduled activities within global time zones. Knowing one’s own limits to escalate or seek help in a timely manner.
• Process adherence – Working in line with agreed Standard Operating Procedures, feeding back improvement suggestions
Requisition ID: 2021-1709
External Company URL: https://www.morganadvancedmaterials.com/
Street: 225 Theodore Rice Boulevard
Remote Working: No