Centene Corporation Crisis Intervention Specialist in New Orleans, Louisiana
You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as a clinical professional on our Medical Management/Health Services team. Centene is a diversified, national organization offering competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
One of the following licenses is required in the state of Louisiana: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC)
Position Purpose: Work in collaboration with schools of higher education, county first responders, law enforcement, emergency departments, providers, crisis mobile teams and the Crisis Line provider to support the delivery of coordinated and effective crisis services.
• Develop relationship with all local schools of higher education and coordinate crisis prevention and disaster recovery efforts
• Verify crisis provider services are delivered in accordance to contract expectations
• Facilitate the issuing of Corrective Action letters to providers for non-compliance to contract requirements
• Verify follow-up occurs after crisis interventions to effectively coordinate care
• Educate local schools of higher education about how to identify the early warning signs of mental illness and what actions to take to safeguard students, faculty and the community
• Support the Crisis System Plan and the development of provider crisis programs and services within the Provider Network.
• Monitor the performance of the Crisis Line provider, Crisis Mobile Teams and other providers of crisis services
• Support the development of Crisis Response Center processes to verify effective coordination of care with other providers
• Establish baseline data; collect, analyze and report outcomes and progress in reaching program goals. Verify crisis provider services are delivered in accordance to contract expectations
• Support the coordination of crisis system processes among system partners, including schools of higher education, crisis providers, intake agencies, emergency rooms, police and fire
• Conduct root causes analyses, conduct rapid cycle improvement processes
• Conduct cross departmental and cross system collaborative meetings to execute initiatives and resolve system issues
• Receive and respond to external system partner related issues in a timely manner
• Troubleshoot service delivery and coordination issues on behalf of system partners
• Educate system partners regarding policies and procedures related to referrals, website education, and problem solving
• Implement and monitor project plans to meet goals and timelines
• Request corrective action plans from providers that are non-compliant and/or fail to meet contract requirements
• Develop training modules and train appropriate users
• Support the involvement of Peer and Family Support Services, and wrap around and community based services to both stabilize and reduce crisis in the community.
• Provide on-call telephonic coverage 24 hours a day, in rotation as assigned, to provide consultation
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Health or equivalent experience. 5+ years of related experience. Master’s degree in Behavioral Health or Social Science preferred.
One of the following licenses is required: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC)
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Crisis Intervention Specialist
LOCATION: New Orleans, Louisiana