Capgemini Google Cloud (GCP) Developer in New York, New York
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 4 years) work experience.
• Strong data engineering experience using Java or Python programming languages or Spark on Google Cloud. Should have worked on handling big data. Strong communication skills , experience in Agile methodologies , ETL / ELT skills , Data movement skills , Data processing skills.
• Experience in using Google Cloud Storge (GCS), Apache Beam (Dataflow), BigQuery, BigTable, Cloud Spanner, Dataproc or any other Google Cloud Analytical Services
• Experience with distributed, columnar, and/or analytic oriented databases or distributed data processing frameworks.
• Experience with open source distributed storage and processing utilities in the Apache Hadoop family and/or workflow orchestration products such as Apache Airflow.
• Experience with machine learning technologies such as Tensorflow, and experience in Google AI Platform particularly developing and/or training models or implementing solutions which rely on invoking such models.
• Background in data analytics, warehousing, ETL development, data science or other Big Data applications
• API Development: Minimum of 3 years of application design and development experience in a cloud environment, including 2 years of coding REST services and API such as: Java, JSON, Python.
• Minimum 1 year of Google Cloud Platform’s Apigee EDGE platform and API development experience through the entire Software Development Lifecycle Process.
• Implementation and delivery experience for at least 1 Google Cloud Platform Apigee EDGE client solution and preferably Apigee Certified
• Responsible for the development of cloud native APIs including design, build, and test on Google Cloud Platform’s (GCP) Apigee EDGE API management platform.
• Kafka Development: Experience of designing, building, and deploying production-level data pipelines using Kafka; Strong experience working on Event Driven Architecture
• Strong knowledge of the Kafka Connect framework, with experience using several connector types HTTP REST proxy, JMS, File, SFTP, JDBC etc
• Provide expertise and hands on experience on custom connectors using the Kafka core concepts and API
• Experience in handling huge volumes of streaming messages from Kafka
• Troubleshooting & Support: Focus on evolving and optimizing a secure, scalable, enterprise-grade Kafka deployment topology.
• Providing production support and troubleshooting, enabling multi-datacenter integration.
• Establishing and maturing Kafka monitoring capabilities, and raising awareness to advanced Kafka capabilities
• Address performance and scalability challenges posed by new or changing Kafka producers and consumers.
• Implement solutions to monitor Kafka components to proactively address any Kafka messaging issues.
• Enforce security standards as part of overall Kafka implementation.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Title: Google Cloud (GCP) Developer
Location: NY-New York
Requisition ID: 052762
Other Locations: United States