Actalent Sr. Energy Engineer in NEW YORK, New York
We are hiring for mid-level energy engineers who are capable of ASHRAE audits,, working for a company that has unlimited PTO and holidays, one of the largest engineering firms supporting local energy business.
Execution of investment grade energy audits (ASHRAE Level 1-3) including identification and quantification of ECM, cost estimates and payback periods.
• Perform/Manage energy audits, retro-commissioning, and new construction commissioning of various facilities including higher education, commercial, healthcare, industrial, and municipalities
• Identify energy conservation projects that include both capital and operational measures
• Develop and execute performance testing plans for HVAC equipment
• Troubleshoot faulty systems and provide recommendations for corrective actions
• Perform calculations of energy savings
• Prepare project implementation cost estimates
• Prepare technical reports
• Supervise staff in the execution of project
• Be responsible for technical and financial aspects of projects
• Ensure customer/client satisfaction for tasks performed
Skills & Qualifications:
5 to 10 years’ experience in Level 1-3 Energy Audits/RCx
• Experience in electrification of buildings and associated technologies, heat pumps, etc.
• BS in engineering, PE, CEM and/or EBCP is desirable
• Experience in conducting energy audits, commissioning efforts, and project feasibility studies
• Experience in performing energy load profile analysis and the use of energy benchmarking tools
• Working knowledge of HVAC systems (steam, air and water distribution systems, etc.)
• Field experience with HVAC systems - boiler, chillers, air-handlers, etc. – is desirable.
• Energy project experience: screening, development and implementation
• A willingness to learn and work in a team environment with extensive contact with clients
• Strong communication skills
• Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and a valid driver’s license are required
• Must be physically able and willing to conduct site inspections and field work (climb ladders, walk on roofs, etc.)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.